Country Coordinator Sudan – SRC
|The Swiss Red Cross
|Country Coordinator Sudan
Help us create a world of greater humanity!
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is the largest humanitarian organization in Switzerland. We provide a broad range of services for the benefit of particularly vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Switzerland and in more than 20 countries around the world.
The SRC has been working with the Sudanese Red Crescent Society (SRCS) since 1999, supporting emergency interventions as well as longer-term transitional and development projects in different geographical and thematic areas. Since 2011, SRC is supporting the SRCS in the implementation of health and WASH projects as well as in emergency interventions such as flood response. SRC is furthermore supporting the SRCS in its strategic transformation process. For the implementation of the SRC Sudan programme 2021 – 2024 we are looking for a
Country Coordinator (no family posting)
to be based in Khartoum, Sudan, with regular travel to project areas in North and West Kordofan.
What you will be doing
- Oversee the implementation of the SRC country programme implemented through the Sudanese Red Crescent Society (SRCS)
- Manage and administer the office of SRC at the SRCS Headquarters in Khartoum
- Manage and lead two international SRC staff members
- Collaborate closely with SRCS staff dedicated to SRC operations
- Further develop the existing cooperation with the SRCS and establish further cooperations with SRCS branches
- Contribute to the RCRC Movement coordination in Sudan
- Facilitate professional and timely planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the overall programme (with focus on WASH and health)
- Ensure transparent financial management of the programme, including budget control, financial reporting and facilitation of internal controls and audits
- Act as resource person and provide technical support and capacity building to the SRCS.
- Expertise in development cooperation preferably with specialisation in Community Health, WASH and/or related technical fields. Experience in disaster Management an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years international working experience abroad as country coordinator or senior team leader
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a proactive approach to finding and proposing solutions to challenges
- Experienced in volatile security management and proven track record of working in challenging security contexts and in dealing with complex security situations
- Demonstrated skills in financial administration and management
- Experience providing training/mentorship/capacity-building to implementing partners
- Work experience within the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement including capacity building and organisational development an asset
- Very good command of written and spoken English (working language)
- Knowledge of Arabic an advantage.
What you can expect
- 1 year contract with option of extension, starting from July 2021 or as per agreement
- Highly interesting work with opportunity for creative freedom
- Team spirit and respectful atmosphere, in which diversity and equal opportunity are not just words
- Share of cost absorption of rent and favorable social benefits.
We look forward to receiving your complete online application, including the contact details of three references, for the attention of Ms Isabel Bangerter by 13 June 2021 latest.
Like no other aid organization, the Swiss Red Cross combines a variety of strengths in the areas of health, integration and rescue under one roof. The SRK comprises 24 cantonal associations and four rescue organizations, two institutions and the SRK office.
About The Swiss Red Cross
The SRK is an association under private law in accordance with the Swiss Civil Code. Following the example of the Swiss Confederation, the SRK is structured on a federal and decentralized basis. The highest body of the SRC is the Red Cross Assembly, which consists of 97 delegates from the SRC member organizations (64 representatives from the Red Cross cantonal associations, 33 representatives from the rescue organizations). The highest governing body of the SRC is the Red Cross Council, which has a maximum of twelve members. The President presides over the Red Cross Council and represents the Swiss Red Cross externally.
Headquarters location: Bern, Switzerland
Founder: Henry Dunant
Founded: July 17, 1866, Bern, Switzerland
Parent organization: International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Purpose: Humanitarian aid
What does the Swiss Red Cross do?
We at the Swiss Red Cross strive to prevent or alleviate human suffering in Switzerland and other countries. We protect human health, lives and dignity. And we foster their ability to help themselves and others.