HR & Administration Assistant Khartoum – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||31/05/2021, 10:59|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
HR and Admin Assistant Sudan Khartoum_ Two Positions (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
The purpose of the HR & Admin assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the HR function responsibilities. In addition, the role will provide general support to the day-to-day maintenance of premises and administration systems; organises and delivers delegated admin tasks in line with schedule and standards.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the HR and Admin function portfolio according to plan of action for Sudan.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the HR and Admin function
- Assist with the implementation of HR policies and procedures at office level.
- Provide support in recruitment processes, including advertisements, filling applications, inviting candidates, organizing interview venues etc.
- Update staff records and files, including contracts, leave, medical, appraisals, etc. and ensure proper filing of documents on O365.
- Generate monthly records and reports such as staff lists, leave and other HR statistics.
- Process and follow up claims for medical cover and insurance.
- Prepare staff contributions to relevant statutory bodies (social security, pensions etc.)
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate of HRM, business administration or related field, with a minimum of two years’ previous experience in the field of HR and administration.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Khartoum
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.