Finance Officer (1458) Khartoum – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||24/05/2021, 15:12|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Finance Officer Sudan Khartoum (Only for Nationals)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The Finance Officer is to implement delegated area of responsibility.
- Support and Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Support the adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line supervisors in procedures and require support team trainings
- Support the supervisor for the Management of Area offices financial team
- Support the management to Implement anti-corruption policy
Accounts and Banking
- Looking after and management of the Cash and Bank management of the Khartoum office, including the forecasting.
- Management of the bank account of Khartoum office. And making the forecast for the projected data.
- Make sure that financial internal controls are in place while the banking and cash system is working.
- Post the entries on daily basis to Agresso. Make sure that Data has proper correct codes and as per the project documents.
- Prepare the regular Agresso Bank reconciliations for all the balance sheet items.
- Proper close of the projects and year-end close.
- Enter the Agresso rebooking, and keeping proper record of it.
- Devise a system so that all the vouchers are safely preserved.
- Train the staff on the Agresso and excel tools.
Budget & Report:
- Preparation of the financial reports.
- Support the program team to understand the financial reports and provide them with training.
- Monthly meetings with the program team and support the program team to make the forecast.
- Verify the purchase requests and payment requests
- Ensure proper and adequate filing system for financial documents
- Download the BvA weekly basis and share with the relevant staff
- Prepare the Project BVAs and do any rebooking, with the supporting documents
- Draft the new budgets. Check the Agresso for any reclassification.
- Other task related to the project budgets like any realignment and updating the Agresso for project follow-up.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate in Finance/Accounting, with a minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in the field of Finance.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical Finance expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Khartoum
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.