Livelihood and Food Security Officer (1616) Gadarif – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Livelihood and Food Security|
|Apply Before||24/05/2021, 15:02|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Livelihood and Food Security Officer Sudan Gadarif (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The purpose of the LFS officer position is day to day implementation of LFS Program in Gadaref
(including community COVID 19 awareness in target areas). Sporadic travel may happen to support emergency response and programme start-up activities in Gadaref and other states.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines as well as Government rules and regulations;
- Provide support to LFS Assistants in Gadaref;
- Implement delegated LFS project portfolio activities according to plan of action;
- Prepare and develop work plans and status reports as required by management;
- Ensure proper filing of documents in both hard and soft copies;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist;
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement in relation to both the “hard” and “soft” components of LFS programming;
- Provide on the job training as required to increase the capacity of LFS Assistants; actively participate in capacity building trainings, workshops and seminars organized by NRC;
- Ensure that gender and protection mainstreaming are carried out at the field level by all shelter staff;
- Collaborate with teams from other CCs to ensure that project beneficiaries are provided with the full packages of services available through NRC’s programming according to the beneficiaries specific and self-identified needs.
- Organize and lead needs assessments, market assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities;
- Supervise the beneficiary selection in accordance with the project selection criteria;
- Assist the Program Development Manager/Specialist/LFS Coordinator in developing messaging around project implementation methodology, scope of work, selection criteria and any other related beneficiary project documents and supervise LFS Assistants in the delivery of such messaging to beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Organize regular monitoring visits by LFS Assistants during and post-project implementation and regularly visit implementation sites to monitor and document day-to-day works;
- In collaboration with rest of the team prepare Procurement Requests;
- Track and record information related to follow up carried out by LFS Assistants relating to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints as directed by Program Development Manager/ Specialist/Project Coordinator and M&E unit;
- Carry-out field level coordination with community stakeholders in areas of project implementation;
- Supervise activities at distribution sites and community centers ensuring that NRC Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to during distributions, awareness campaigns and community mobilization activities, and that proper documentation is verified and collected by LFS Assistants;
- Organize and lead field level M&E activities and develop success stories from project implementation;
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate, with a minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in the field of Livelihood and Food Security preferable to be from the same area.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gedarif
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.