Livelihoods and Food Security Assistant (1626) Gadarif – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||24/05/2021, 15:13|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Livelihoods and Food Security Assistant Sudan Gadarif (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the LFS/COVID-19 awareness project in Gadaref and support emergency response activities whenever needed in Gadaref and other states.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines as well as Government rules and regulations
- Technical Supervision of Daily Workers and Incentive Labour
- Assist with the implementation of the LFS/COVID-19 awareness portfolio according to plan of action
- Assist in the preparation and development work plans and status reports as required by supervisors
- Ensure proper filing of documents in both hard and soft copies
- Ensure that projects target beneficiary sites/units most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement in relation to both the “hard” and “soft” components of LFS programming, including the COVID-19 response and other emergency response interventions.
- Actively participate in capacity building trainings, workshops and seminars organized by NRC.
- Ensure that gender and protection mainstreaming are carried out at the field level.
- Conduct needs assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities
- In collaboration with other team members, conduct door to door visits to potential beneficiary household sites and correctly fill project related technical/social forms and questionnaires.
- Explain the project methodology, beneficiary selection criteria, scope of works, to the beneficiary
- Supervise and monitor data collection in the field, works carried out directly by the staff and/or by Daily/Incentive labor
- Implement coaching and mentoring visits to beneficiaries of NRC’s livelihoods and economic inclusion activities;
- Respond to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints regarding social aspects of implementation directed by Project Officer/Coordinator and M&E unit
- Report on performance and social aspects daily activities of Incentive labor and complete documentation regarding technical performance
- Participate in field level coordination with community stakeholders in areas of project implementation as directed by LFS Officer/Coordinator
- Conduct household level M&E activities specifically related to the social aspects of project implementation, including baseline/endline surveys, registration of beneficiaries, etc.
- Participate in the preparation and distribution of MoUs, agreements, hand over documents for beneficiaries and authorities.
- Perform any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Project Officer and/or the Project Coordinator.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate, with a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in the field of LFS.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gedarif
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.