Logistics Assistant (1670) Gadarif – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|The Norwegian Refugee Council
|Elementary School Completed
Logistics Assistant – Warehouse Sudan Gedarif (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The Warehouse Assistant has the day to day operational responsibility for stock movements and warehouse staff management on behalf of NRC.
- Maintain the warehouse clean and tidy, well organized and free from rodents and other pests.
- Ensure security of the warehouse with adapted measures depending on the goods stored (guards, fire prevention…).
- Monitor the storage capacity and make sure it is in line with upcoming shipments
- Receive goods and register all items in the stock (stock cards, stock report, archiving of documents…) according to the logistics handbook.
- Supervises the storekeepers in terms of daily tasks, quality control, continuity of warehousing services.
- Periodically make reports on the stock content, and assist in conducting periodic inventories, both on paper and physically.
- Immediately report any losses, damages or discrepancies.
- Organize and control all support services needed for the functioning of the warehouse (daily labor, trucks, forklifts…).
- When relevant, ensure payment of utilities warehouse, given the periodic inspection of meters at the beginning of each month.
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Keep records of all incoming and outgoing materials, on paper and in electronic form. Maintain accurate records of materials and constant control. Assist the logistics manager in the management of warehouses in Damascus office as per NRC procedures and local SOPs
- Ensure safety and security of materials and staff under his supervision.
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials
- Supervise packing, loading and offloading of all materials
- Ensure availability of storage space and maintain order and cleanliness of the warehouse at all times
- Provides periodic stock reports and carries out periodic inventory audits
- Arrange and supervise laborers for loading and offloading materials at the warehouse.
- Immediately report losses, damages or discrepancies
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate, with a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in the field of Logistics/Warehouse and prefereble to be from the same area.
Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan. Technical Logistics/Warehouse expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gedarif
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.