Design & Multimedia Specialist – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Khartoum (SDN)|
|Language Skills||English, Arabic|
|Duration||6 months with possibility of extension|
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
The Specialist will be responsible for providing design, visual and multimedia production support, notably:
- Develop a range of high-quality graphic design materials for all UNDP public information products, websites, events and reports, ensuring coherent branding aligned with global UNDP communication policies and guidelines
- Develop a range of high-quality infographics and visualizations on UNDP Sudan results, and development data and context/situation updates
- Developing high-quality map products and visualisations, adapting from GIS products
- Production of multi-media communication products
- Production of photo and video materials showcasing UNDP Sudan’s programmatic interventions and stories from the field
- Support to the mainstreaming of consistent messaging and branding of UNDP Sudan multi-media communications activities and products
- Support coordination and sharing of knowledge and experience.
- Undertake any other responsibilities as assigned by the SPPC Team Leader or by UNDP Senior Management.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Education – Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree desirable in Communications, Multimedia, Design, Creative Industries, Public Relations, Journalism, Media or other relevant area; or a degree in another related area in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience in the field.
Required experience: 24 Months
Two years work experience in design, visual and multimedia material production, with experience in video production, graphic design and photo editing using relevant software. Experience in either national or international organization would be an asset. Experience in web and social media content development would be an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Arts, music, photography and film, Web and graphic design, Software and applications development and analysis
Area of expertise details:
Experience using video editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro or similar software for editing digital video; experience using Photoshop and other photo editing software; experience in InDesign and Illustrator and graphic design; experience with MS Office (in particular MS Word, Excel & Power Point).
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Vision, Working in Teams.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Sudan and legal residents in Sudan with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.