Digital Communication, donor relations and Branding Expert – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Khartoum (SDN)|
|Language Skills||English, Arabic|
Minimum age: 35 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Communication and Advocacy, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support with planning and coordination NatCom and donor visits to Sudan and development of Visibility content for donor visibility requirement.
- Generate stories and coordinate with field office in line with donor visibility plans.
- Design and implement digital advocacy campaigns.
- Coordinate and support the creation of all digital content such as blogs, infographics, stories, videos etc.
- Maintain and update all UNICEF digital platforms
- Create weekly and monthly digital monitoring reports to advice to identify trends and progress
- Edit digital content i.e. stories, social media posts and subtitles on videos
- Design and develop comprehensive digital communication strategies and plans to promote children’s rights and UNICEF’s work in support of public advocacy, awareness raising, innovation and resource mobilization initiatives. These will be anchored on the new UNICEF Sudan Country Programme -2018-2021, prepare for the new country program advocacy priorities, as well as relevant national, regional and global priorities and trends.
- Ensure effective Implementation and monitoring of these plans to strengthen UNICEF’s efforts in maximizing voice, reach and public engagement in advancing the rights of children with smartly articulated benchmarks and targets across web and social media platforms.
- Create and curate relevant, diverse and engaging multimedia content for digital platforms to effectively tell the story of the children of Sudan, including adolescents, especially the most vulnerable and the work of UNICEF.
- Ensure that content and assets are well-integrated and easily adapted across online platforms, (website, microsites, global/regional/national campaign sites, newsletter and social media channels) to facilitate participation, engagement and other actions in support of children, as well as the work of families, communities, partners and UNICEF in achieving results for children
- Support innovative engagement with digital citizenship especially adolescents and young people that will establish and strengthen alliances with digital influencers and platforms, especially Sudanese (both in country and in the diaspora) to motivate and mobilize supporters for the cause of children in Sudan. (entertainment industry, sports, media, academia, diplomatic missions etc)
- In collaboration with the Communication and Advocacy team, programme colleagues, field offices and partners, assist in the implementation of the UNICEF Global Brand Strategy using the UNICEF Brand Toolkit, Brand Guidelines and assets to ensure effective visibility and attribution of partners, donors and UNICEF as relevant.
- Provide other relevant support to communication and advocacy programmes and initiatives as may be required.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent.
Education – Additional Comments:
Master degree in Social sciences, Journalism, Digital Communication, Public Relations/Information, Mass Communication or any related fields.
Required experience: 180 Months.
(15) years of practical professional work experience in communication, mainly in digital media and/or web design – Proven experience in the planning and management of digital communication platforms, social media, digital marketing – Being Adept at using a wide range of online & social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram, online applications as well as web design (message, trends, advertising & monitoring).
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Web and graphic design, Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination, Arts, music, photography and film.
Area of expertise details:
- Ideally background/familiarity with development and human rights issues and/or emergency situations.
- Good and dynamic communicator with good presentation skills, strong interpersonal skills, a team player with the ability to work cross-sections to achieve results.
- Knowledge in any of the following is a requirement: graphic design and graphic design software and /or videography and photography skills, editing and web design.
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of
your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly,
select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage
and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.