Head of Project (Ethiopian Refugee) – Welthungerhilfe
|Posting Title:||Head of Project – Ethiopian Refugee|
|Posting Period:||16 March 2021 – 04 April 2021|
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Project – Ethiopian Refugee Response*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract until December 31, 2021. Employment location will be Gedaref, Sudan.
As Head of Project – Ethiopian Refugee Response you will monitor and oversee the implementation of WASH, NFI and shelter components of the projects in the Gedaref and Kassala regions on the basis of specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget. Furthermore, you will analyse the humanitarian context and support Welthungerhilfe’s response strategy and organize, follow up and capacitate the project teams, ensuring that activities are met according to the contractual agreements and the quality standards of Welthungerhilfe. You will oversee the implementation and continuous development of the programme in Gedaref and Kassala regions and you are responsible for the coordination, planning and implementation of projects, as well as correct and duly reporting to the Area Manager of the region.
- Ensure project runs smoothly and activities are completed within budget and on time, according to the rules and standards of the donors and Welthungerhilfe’s standards for the implementation of the projects
- Manage diverse project staff, budgets and project resources
- Produce accurate and high-quality reports on a monthly, quarterly and bi-annual basis for internal and donor audiences
- Ensure modification and continuation of project planning and budget follow-up
- Identify co-financing opportunities and ensure the timely development of successful project proposals in line with the relevant donor regulations and strategies
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders, including government, UN, NGO and community representatives
- Ensure that all project relevant support is in place (Monitoring, Logistics, Finance administration etc.)
- Participate in sectoral coordination meetings within the project locations
- Maintain high quality delivery standards and ensure professionalism and ethical conduct at all times
- A university or polytechnic degree in humanitarian action or another relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in programme management position in humanitarian organizations with special focus on Project Cycle Management
- Experience in liaising with government authorities, line ministries, UN, INGOs and national NGOs would be an advantage
- Experience working in remote, complex and fragile contexts would be an asset
- Sound knowledge of the humanitarian environment and emergency response
- Good understanding of country context, good context analysis skills
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to remote areas
- Excellent team management skills, good listener, high communication and MS Office skills
- Excellent spoken and written English; Arabic language skills as an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by April 4, 2021. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.