Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Apply Before||01/04/2021, 12:34|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
The purpose of the M&E Officer to support the programs to implement the CC projects effectively
Role and responsibilities:
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools, and in actual data collection, as needed.
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported on a timely manner to relevant program and managerial staff
- Report cluster/sector 4Ws for LFS, Shelter, WASH, ICLA, RRM and Education team field team.
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
- Strong computers skills including MS package
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferable to be located in South Kordofan
NRC managers prioritise the quality work and the competency development of their staff. Our training supports employees either to perform well in their current job, or to advance into new positions, aligning their skills and capabilities to NRC’s organisational needs.
Our contract lengths vary. They are determined in line with the needs and funding of our programmes. This is on an 12 months of employment contract, with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits are according NRC salary scale, terms, and conditions
All staff are covered by death and disability insurance. International staff are covered by complimentary travel insurance and medical insurance.
Duty station: South Kordofan, Sudan.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.