Health Systems Officer – WHO
|Organization:||World Health Organization|
|Job Title:||Health Systems Officer – (2100765)|
|Contractual Arrangement:||Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4|
|Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days):||6 months|
|Job Posting:||11/03/2021 12:58:50 PM|
|Closing Date:||26/03/2021 1:59:00 AM|
|Organization:||EM_SUD WHO Representative’s Office, Sudan|
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The programme aims to support the Ministry of Health to improve service delivery by focusing on patient safety and quality of care initiatives, strengthen its leadership and governance through supporting dialogue towards universal health coverage, building the capacity of staff towards strengthening health financing and health information systems. The programme also aims to support the hospitals in the country to improve its service delivery through improving standards of care and capacity development of staff.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1)Ensure that WHO global and regional policies and guidelines on health system strengthening are translated into implementation of national policies and programmes.
2)Provide technical support to the Ministry of Health in implementing its National Health Strategy in areas pertaining to health system strengthening, particularly on quality improvement and patient safety.
3)Conduct situation analysis, desk review of health trends; undertake gap analysis in relevant health system areas, to guide the development relevant technical reports and policy documents as required.
4)Support the Ministry of Health efforts to ensure information sharing among health stakeholders through supporting the functions of task forces and/or thematic groups.
5)Develop and maintain a database for WHO on core health indicators to be used in regular reporting for WHO various reports.
6)Support the National Hospitals Network functions by ensuring regular collaboration with the Network to identify priority areas, building on previous initiatives, and proactively support in resource mobilization efforts to fund a second phase of the previous EJHN project through proposal writing and engagement with donors.
7)Monitor project implementation on strengthening health systems towards universal health coverage and CAT 4 (Health Systems) and prepare progress reports and new project proposals as appropriate.
8)Represent WHO in meetings and relevant missions as appropriate.
Essential: University degree in health services administration, public health management or public health.
Essential: At least 2 years’ experience in areas of health system strengthening, health management or public health
1.Excellent communication and drafting skills.2.Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively. 3.Understand challenging and multidisciplinary settings.4.Good knowledge of international quality standards.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 41,710 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.