Engineer, SC8 (Design & Architect Account)
|United Nations World Food Programme
|Engineer, SC8 (Design & Architect Account) (141047)
|Area of expertise
|Type of contract
|Short term opportunities
|Sudan – Khartoum
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s experienced and talented team to plan and manage field operations to ensure the effective and efficient deployment of food assistance programmes and use of allocated resources in order to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
We are seeking to engage a national design engineer or architect, based in our Country Office in Khartoum, Sudan.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The role will involve managing all day-to-day activites related to the country office design and construction projects with focus on project design, design review, supervision, reporting etc. The incumbent will work with and report to the Head of Unit or designated International Engineer or architect as part of the Project Unit team.
The selected candidate shall be able to demonstrate technical knowledge and experience in the use of computer aid softward as AutoCAD, Archicad, Revit and others, provide technical expertise and technical approacheds where appropriate.
The Civil Engineer or architect should have experience in design, construction and supervision of building structures. Knowledge in construction contract management, including knowledge and experience of international construction contract law; and FIDIC or related constructions contract formats in considered as a plus.
To provide construction and engineering expertise and contribute to the efficient delivery and quality outputs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support in the design of engineering projects.
2. Provide technical support and services for the planning of projects, apply best practices, standards and innovative technologies, incoporating country specific technical requirements that comply with WFP standards and processes.
3. Support with the technical feasibility studies. Conduct engineering site assessments of WFP facilities and develop remedial plans to ensure suitability to operational purposes, safety, and efficiency of structures and equipment in line with WFP policies, criteria and standards.
4. Provide technical support while working with design consultants and other relevant parties.
5. Prepare accurate and timely reporting on outputs to faciliate informed decision- making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
6. Capability to compute and estimate the activities to be performed on sited based on the project designs.
7. Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: First University degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture. Hold or be eligible for Accreditation to “Professional Engineer” or “Chartered Engineer” status, or recognised equivalent by an appropriate national or international regulatory authority.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Knowledge and experience of design, planning and supervision of construction projects.
• Good knowledg of local and international engineering and construction standards, processes and norms.
• Desirable knowledge of engineering contract formats, modalities and obligations. Knowledge in FIDIC forms of contracts is desirable.
• Good knowledge of projet design processes and techniques.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals. Applicants who are not Sudanese are not eligible to apply and will therefore not be considered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your up-to-date CV or UN P11 form, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
- This Vacancy Annoucement closes on 21 March 2021.
Qualified Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.