Digital Communities Hub Assistant – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||23/03/2021, 17:06|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Role and Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the Digital Community Hub function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the DCH function
- Work in a shift-based ‘call and contact’ team for the Digital Community Hub operation in NRC Sudan, using Standard Operating Procedures, flow processes, scripts, forms, and software to provide a range of Communication with Communities services
- Compassionately and professionally speak with people in humanitarian need, providing them with information, listening to their feedback or requests, referring them for further follow-up services or assistant
- Undertake remote surveys (including for service monitoring or to support needs assessments or post-distribution monitoring) or factfinding on humanitarian situations as requested
- Update beneficiary information in the NRC Core system
- Experience from working as a Project Assistant (or other staffer with direct contact with people in need) in a humanitarian/recovery context, or in a call centre operation
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities using ICT software
- Some knowledge of English
- Efficient record-keeping
Context / Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Fluency in Arabic and one other local language or dialect (e.g. Tigrinya, Fur, Masalit)
- Excellent listening and communicative skills
- Experience with customer relationship management software, ideal
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.