Procurement Officer FT-NOB – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Procurement Officer FT-NOB, Khartoum (2 Positions) (140627)|
|Area of expertise||Supply chain|
|Type of contract||Long term opportunities|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Procurement team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused Procurement services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective procurement management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Procurement Officer to be based in Khartoum, Sudan, to be hired on a Fixted Term Contract at the NOB level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currentlyrolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan
(2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance througha hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilienceand School Feeding).
To collect, analyze and report on information to maximize efficiency of procurement operations and activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
2. Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
3. Track and analyse data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
4. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
5. Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
6. Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
7. Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
8. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
11. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience : A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field is required for holders of an advanced university degree, or five years of relevantprofessional experience in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field is required forholders of a first university degree. Additional years of experience and training will be an advantage.
Language: English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO ROLE
- Experience with procurement activities (purchasing, vendor research, etc.).
- Experience conducting cost analyses.
- Experience working with vendors or other partners.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information athttp://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicantswill undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and apanel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURGAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. Wecommit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless ofgender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breast feeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 15 March 2021
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals;
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status;
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruiting process;