Digital Programme Development Manager – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Project Management|
|Apply Before||01/03/2021, 11:42|
|Degree Level||High School Graduate|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
About the role:
- Oversee operations and expanded coverage of the Digital Community Hub project. Oversee roll-out, operations, and advanced application of the NRC ‘CORE’ programme beneficiary database.
- With the Cash & Markets PDM, support development of e-cash programme. Develop and implement improved connectivity / access to data programme, including in rapid responses
- Develop partnerships, including with mobile network operators and specialist digital service providers (including other NGOs). Potentially support the development of a consortia
- Explore new digitalisation initiatives or support digital operations in other NRC Sudan programmes or advocacy and media
- Support coordination and advocacy efforts to improve digitalisation of broader humanitarian response in Sudan. Contribute to data protection and responsibility initiatives and processes
- Provide strategic planning, policy development, and oversight of ICT integration into the Sudan Mission project proposals and programmes
- Engage on technical and policy issues with the government’s telecommunications-related Ministry and agencies, the private sector, donors, and implementing partners
- Deliver guidance and training on the Digital Development Principles and appropriate Data Management, Privacy and Security standards.
- Collaborate with NRC EAY Regional Office in the development and rollout of relevant innovations in NRC Sudan
- Post-graduate degree in IT/ICT, computer science, data science or other relevant field, or commensurate professional experience, is ideal
- Minimum three years of experience in a senior-level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience working with the private sector, government or non-profit programs in designing and delivering innovative ICT/digital/technological solutions for development and humanitarian programmes, is ideal
- Familiarity with Design approaches and methods, including Service Design, Design Thinking, Human-Centred Design, is ideal. Digital and technology-enabled programming expertise (e.g. with mobile money ecosystems). Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions, and market-based programmes
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile. Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience: Experience in or working with mobile network operators or AI chatbots, preferable. Knowledge of the context in and languages of Sudan or the region, preferable
What we offer:
NRC managers prioritise the quality work and the competency development of their staff. Our training supports employees either to perform well in their current job, or to advance into new positions, aligning their skills and capabilities to NRC’s organisational needs.
Our contract lengths vary. They are determined in line with the needs and funding of our programmes. This is an 18 months’ employment contract, with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits are according NRC salary scale, terms, and conditions
all staff are covered by death and disability insurance. International staff are covered by complimentary travel insurance and medical insurance.
Duty station: Khartoum, Sudan.