Government Partnership Officer (Protocol & Customs) – WFP
|Organization||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Government Partnership Officer (Protocol & Customs), NOB (138482)|
|Area of expertise||Partnerships|
|Type of contract||Long term opportunities|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders in the field typically report to the Country/Deputy Director or the designate. Job holders in RBs or HQ typically report to the Deputy Regional/Division Director or the designate. Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that administrative objectives are achieved in full. They are heavily involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work.
To contribute to daily planning and delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. To stay abreast of changes to goverment procedures that affect movement of WFP goods and personnel, and to advise management of any concerns as needed.
2. To provide high quality, customer-focused protocol services to WFP staff and operations, including by obtaining
a. Entry visas and stay permits, MOFA IDs and driver’s licenses for WFP staff and their eligible dependents;
b. Customs clearance of shipments of staff member’s household effects; and
c. Customs clearance for goods procured internationally by WFP.
3. To ensure high quality and accurate documentation submitted to MOFA, including note verbale and forms.
4. To track and report on all protocol processes, keeping management and clients fully informed of the status of their requests, and to escalate obstacles as needed in order to prevent delays.
5. To maintain well organized records of all WFP’S protocol actions.
6. To maintain effective relationships with counterparts in relevant goverment bodies.
7. To supervise and manage the performance of junior staff.
8. Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Business Support Services & Reporting||Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.|
|Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering||Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of internal controls and proper accounting procedures and systems to recommend improvements where necessary to address current weaknesses, mitigate risks to mission-critical WFP operations and maximise client satisfaction.|
|Resource Management for Administration and Engineering||Oversees staffing for HQ and Field resources at the programme level, taking resource usage trends and forecasting data into account.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services||Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards , processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise.|
|Customer Focus||Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in Business/Public Administration, or other relevant fields relating to office management and administration.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has gained experience in administration.
• Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise.