ICT Coordinator Sudan Khartoum – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||ICT Coordinator|
|Apply Before||15/02/2021, 16:57|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Role and responsibilities:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitor Sudan NRC networks online at all times, to avoid network disruptions
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades and data back ups
- Maintaining records of software licenses (number of licenses and validity)
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues and do refresher training every once and a while.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Liaise with procurement and service providers in replacing equipment and computer parts as required, and in ordering new equipment from outside the country.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports necessary for IT and assessments done
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications, as well as the training in existing applications and online systems
- Continuously monitor cyber risks and immediately share alerts of phishing and spam emails to all staff for the betterment of security of NRC systems
- Continuously monitor the modes, bandwidths and costs of internet offered by Sudan ISPs
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles, emails and dealing with password issues
- Setting up MFA on users email accounts for two step verification security mechanism
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers, computer maintenance companies as well as users
- Assess and ensure to have in place power and power backup system to facilitate computer systems usage
- Set up zoom meetings for different users in Sudan as and when requested.
- Conducting electrical safety checks on all computer equipment
- ICT Asset and inventory management through online and offline NRC platforms
- Provide specification for any ICT equipment to purchased and provide technical bids analysis to ensure the purchase will conform to standards and software in place
- Along with Stores Clerk, receive all computers and equivalent assets purchased or received by NRC ensuring they match specification and requirement
- Help/train staff in sending all ICT requests to helpdesk for easy tracking and troubleshooting
- Manage NRC Sudan mailing distribution lists and making sure they are up to date
- Support to monitor and track all assets for the organization as and when required
- Document and report on new issues, both hardware & software, and share the same with RO and HO ICT for further help.
- Support all NRC Sudan offices when field ICT are out of office (on leave) or in a field mission.
- Work closely with RO and HO ICT in the piloting and deployment of new systems and applications in NRC Sudan.
- Minimum 3years relevant experience
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to keep up to date with modern trends in technology and match this with internal specifics
- Hands on experience in server installations and configurations
- Ability to analyse, troubleshoot, support and implement technical solutions at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to Manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations specially LAN/WAN/VSAT/Wireless technologies, Cisco Switches & Routers