Community Engagement & Peace Building Officer
Monthly Gross Salary Range: 834.65 – 1,210.71 USD
Duty Station: Abujebeah – SK (Require travelling to Other CIS Sub Offices)
Closing Date: 2021/1/10
The Community Engagement & Peace Building Officer is responsible for leading and promoting the full participation of targeted beneficiaries in all project related activities including persons with specific needs. The incumbent will work with project staff to identify needs, collaborate and build relationships with local community partners and service providers to conduct community engagement and outreach to address the identified needs. In addition, s/he will ensure that peace building initiatives are effectively implemented.
The position will be based in Eldean, East Darfur with travel to South Kordofan and East Darfur as needed.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Program Management.
- Capacity Building and Gender mainstreaming.
- Monitoring and Reporting.
- Contribute to the success of CIS partnership strategic commitment
- Uphold CARE’s values and contribute to the CO shared priorities.
- Any other assignment related to the job.
- Education: Master Degree in Rural Development, Peace building or other related studies
- Experience: 5 years of proven leadership and management skills with ability to motivate personnel and be sensitive
- Language: Strong command of English and Arabic languages
- Communications: Good report writing skills
- Computer: Good computer skills
- Ability to work with people of various cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and provide leadership support
- Sound conceptual skills in humanitarian emergency, early recovery and development programming and designing interventions in such context
- Strong networking, representation and public relations skills and knowledge
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Planning and organizing – Is able to prioritize things
- Able to effectively, build alternative actions into plans, review priorities and gather and deploy resources effectively
How To Apply
Interested candidates who fulfill the above requirements are requested to drop the CVs with cover letter, supporting documents (any educational certificate from outside Sudan must be certified by Ministry of Higher Education) and names, addresses and contacts of three professional non-relative referees (one of the referee being a former or current supervisor) at: HAC Labour Office , Aldain—on or before 2021/1/10
Please note the following:
Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.
Please write the position applied for at the top right hand corner of the envelope.
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses