Administrative Associate – UNDP
|Organization||United Nations Development Programme|
|Agency||Dept of Safety and Security|
|Practice Area – Job Family||Management|
|Vacancy End Date||04/01/2021 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Duty Station||Khartoum, Sudan|
|Education & Work Experience||C-HS Graduate or Equivalent – 6 year(s) experience, G-Bachelor’s Level Degree – 3 year(s) experience|
|Languages||Required: Arabic, English|
|Vacancy Type||Service Contract (SC)|
|Contract Duration||1 Year with possibility for extension|
UNDSS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDSS does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Overall mandate of the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS Sudan) is to provide leadership, operational support and oversight of the security management system to enable the safest and most efficient conduct of the programs and activities of the United Nations System. UNDSS Sudan is supporting the UN Agencies and Non-Governmental organizations so as to enable them to conduct their operations in the safest way possible.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of UN Security Adviser and Deputy Security Adviser, the Administrative Associate provides ongoing administrative assistance and support to the UNDSS, performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Administrative Associate works in collaboration with the International and National staff in the Khartoum and Field office to exchange information and ensure consistent services delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provide support to management of ongoing operations of the UNDSS Office activities
- Support to administrative and logistical services
- Support to the UNDSS in maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures provision of support to management of ongoing UNDSS activities, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide inputs in the elaboration of work plan
- Assist in arranging logistics, preparing agenda and coordinating with related UNDSS personnel for organizing workshops as and when required
- Assist in minutes taking for UNDSS meetings and in drafting research reports as required
- Assist in coordinating of the planned events of the UNDSS
- Assist in Procurement of the UNDSS
- Full Administrative Support to the UNDSS in Khartoum, Darfur and Field Offices
- Full Administrative support in Financial entitlements and HR entitlements for International and National staff members of the UNDSS
- Assist in drafting inputs for the project’s reports
2. Ensures effective administrative and logistical services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and UNDSS personnel, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Translation of simple correspondences from Arabic to English and vice versa, when needed.
- Maintenance of records/ documents/ files relating to the UNDSS in a user-friendly manner
- Be responsible for assigned correspondence and other admin tasks including creating E-requisitions
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance
- Assistance in proper control of supporting documents for payments and financial reports
- Check related forms delivered by Implementing partners for completion before submitting to the Finance Assistant for verification
- Proper receipting of goods and services
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes , memorandum and reports to partners
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources as required
- Maintain a proper filing system for financial records ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
- Assisting in organizing , executing and coordinating logistical requirements by drawing up an event time-line, programme schedule and checklist for successful holding of events
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
3. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Act as a backup to the Asset Focal point in the maintenance of records on assets management
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common
4. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the UNDSS, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/programme staff
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Any other task assigned by the direct supervisors.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDSS’ mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education preferably with specialized certification in Administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Human Resources, Finance, Social Sciences, International Relations and any other related fields would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years (with Secondary education), or 3 years (with a Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in administration or programme support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems
- Fluency in the English and Arabic is required.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For Jobs From United Nations Development Programme Visit: UNDP Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses