Program Manager – MCE
|Organization||MERCY CORPS EUROPE (MCE)|
|Job Title:||Program Manager- Peace Wise|
|Salary Level:||2/A, $ 1,458|
|Location:||Khartoum, with frequent travel to MC field locations|
|Date Posted :||20/12/2020|
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has been operational in Sudan since 2004 and currently leads humanitarian assistance and development programs South Darfur (SDS), South Kordofan (SKS), Blue Nile, Gedaref, White Nile and Khartoum States.
Leveraging our existing development and peacebuilding programming that involves 8,000 women in SDS and SKS, Mercy Corps will partner with leading women’s networks, Almanar Voluntary Organization in SKS and Khartoum, Sudan Women’s Development Organization (SWDO) and Thoury/Sury Association in SDS – the PEACE-WISE Partners – to amplify the voices of conflict-affected women in state and national level decision-making and demonstrate the power of collective influence and action to address priority needs. The program facilitates peer-to-peer and peer-led skills building, learning and exchange efforts to strengthen and expand women’s leadership and infuse the experiences and priorities of women in SDS and SKS into key dialogues and processes that affect their stability and security.
Mercy Corps is seeking a bold and innovative leader to be the Program Manager for Peace-Wise Program in Sudan. This position ensures that services are provided to women civil society networks in SDS, SKS and Khartoum and that trusted relationships are built with communities through local partner NGOs. The Project Manager will develop and provide training, create efficient systems and process that will enable and support local NGOs to increase their capacity to identify, prioritize and address their own community’s needs. S/He will ensure that the program is being implemented on time and within budget, and will be tracking progress toward specific objectives, indicators and milestones. The Program Manager will support the team to effectively coordinate with operations, finance and human resources functions from inception to close out. This position will place a high value on finding innovative solutions to programmatic challenges.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate, manage, and implement capacity building efforts through the mobilization and empowerment of partner organizations to identify, plan, and address priority needs.
- Coordinate activities with all involved implementing agencies. Organize monthly meetings with all partner organizations to ensure close cooperation and sharing of lessons learned.
- Monitor and measure project implementation, impact, standards, and operational compliance. Train NGO partners and MC staff.
- Give constructive feedback on project operations and reporting of partner NGOs.
- Provide technical, administrative, managerial, and financial support to partner NGOs where necessary.
- Conduct monthly program review meeting.
- Produce formal and informal reports on all aspects of the project in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate work plans for capacity building staff, identify training needs and develop, implement, and maintain training plan. Train MC National staff in all aspects of monitoring, evaluation, quality control, and general project implementation. Participate in meetings relevant to health, community development, or as assigned.
- Oversee all field officers. Responsible for all skill-building training of field officers.
- Ensure projects are run according to stated objectives, outputs, activities, indicators, timelines, and budgets.
- Participate in weekly management meetings and produce weekly reports.
- Stay abreast of project developments and needs.
- Follow through on program needs as required, such as procurement, meeting scheduling, and consultant finding,
- Liaise with and support key program staff to ensure that the Mercy Crops program activities are running effectively and making best use of project resources;
- Troubleshoot on reporting and programmatic needs. Advise supervisor on improvements and necessities, as required;
- Assist in training Mercy Corps staff on survey and data collection strategies. Assist in designing surveys and report formats, as required;
- Provide written and oral translation and report writing for program staff, as necessary;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Representation AND Coordination
- Establish and maintain close and productive relationships with local authorities, cluster coordination, as well as relevant national government authorities, in close coordination with the Team Leader.
- Represent MC at all relevant coordination meetings at field level and provide written update about each representation and actively participate in humanitarian advocacy initiative at field and national level;
- Coordinate with other INGOs in Sudan to ensure MC’s comparative advantage and identify new strategic partnerships;
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Work closely with the country team’s security focal point to ensure that programs are contributing to and responding to safety and security plans and procedures;
- Ensure that programs are designed and implemented with a clear analysis and understanding of security management priorities;
- Ensure that team members in all field offices strictly abide by security standards in each office location.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Team Leader of Programs and/or Gender Advisor
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Program Officers, Senior Management Team in Khartoum, Grants & Reporting Specialist.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Degree in business, economic development, rural development or other related field is required
- At least 5 years of work experience, 3 years in similar position is required
- Should have some experience in: Peace building/conflict resolution; NGO capacity building and community development. Demonstrated ability to successfully initiate and maintain positive relationships with local NGOs is vital to effective performance
- Proven grant management and budget oversight skills are required
- Proven good leadership and management capabilities
- Practical and theoretical knowledge in program monitoring and data collection methods is preferred.
- Experience with refugees or programs that support refugees is preferred.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm and willingness to learn and to be continually adaptive within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment
- Excellent written and oral communication in English, organization, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Excellent teamwork abilities, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Adequate understanding of donor rules and regulations is required.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Word, Excel and Power Point
- Commit to working with program participants regardless of race, religion or gender.
The ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity for quantifying and articulating the impact of Mercy Corps’ programs on individuals and in communities. He/she will also have excelling supervisory and team management skills. They will need an interest in exploring and championing factors that lead to adoption of economic driven behavioral patterns. S/he will have good negotiation and partnership management skills and approach things from a business or financial perspective. They should be dynamic, agile and be able to apply innovative approaches and strategic thinking, planning and monitoring frameworks. A successful candidate will have the ability to mentor others, improve their capacities and inspire teams to think outside the box.
Other factors include:
- The ability to work under pressure
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new information/concepts and implement them
- Strong team player with initiative and positive attitude towards problem solving
- A learning approach to work with excellent capacity building skills
- Self-starter, multi- tasker, solution-seeker and innovator.
How To Apply
Copies of applicant’s CV and application letters should be sent by e-mail to [email protected].
For Jobs From MERCY CORPS EUROPE Visit: MCE Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses