Human Resources Expert – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Khartoum (SDN)|
|Language Skills||English, Arabic|
|Duration||12 months with possibility of extension|
Minimum age: 35 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Human Resources Manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the Human Resources Expert will:
Serve as the single point of contact for his/her client portfolio on advice pertaining to all aspects assigned to him/her (2 Sections in Khartoum + 2 Field Offices) e.g. Talent Acquisition, HR Administration, Performance Management, etc.
Provide accurate and timely advice to his/her clients, in consultation with the HR Specialist and Manager, on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client-orientation.
Act as the key focal point fir reviewing all consultancy and low service contract’s requests, in collaboration with the HR Assistant, ensuring all quality control checks are adhered to as per UNICEF Consultant rules and regulations.
Proactively advise his/her clients on the resolution of human resources issues, in consultation with HR Specialist and Manager. ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organizations interests in accordance with policies, regulations and procedures.
Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
Strategic Human Resources
Make recommendations on establishment and improvement of HR system and work process for Khartoum and all field offices.
Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting-edge practices in HR management and contribute to the development of UNICEF Sudan `s HR efforts to become strategic partner through sharing of best practices and knowledge learned.
Provide support to specific HR hiring process specifically for the individual consultants and data analytics of all HR records,
When assigned casework in the relevant area on either a routine or non-routine basis, analyze and synthesize issues and problems, and interpret established, formal guidelines to address and recommend solutions or further actions required.
HR Data Analytics
Interpret and analyze HR data to help inform strategic decision making on HR processes and strategies to HR Manager and the office Senior Management.
Develop data collection systems to optimize data quality and draft presentations for Country Management Teams, Regional HR reviews, review and analyze quarterly DHR & RO reports and dashboard indicators of Sudan Country Office.
Coordinate with Programme Sections and Field Offices to generate monthly reports and help their HR information management.
Analyze proposals and requests received form Managers, Supervisors and staff and make recommendations or take technical sound actions.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Provide annual and end of assignment self- reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent.
Education – Additional Comments:
Advanced University Degree in Human Resource Management, Labor Law, Business Management, International Relations, psychology or another related field is required.
Required experience: 180 Months
15 years of increasingly international or national professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Human resources management and development.
Area of expertise details:
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Analytical skills
- Previous experience in Labor Law and contracting is an asset.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in Humanitarian work, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which
you would like to apply.
For Jobs From United Nations Volunteers Visit: UNV Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses