Administrative Assistant – UNDP
|Organization||United Nations Development Programme|
|Practice Area – Job Family||Management|
|Vacancy End Date||28/04/2022(Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time Left||13d 12h 49m|
|Duty Station||Khartoum, Sudan|
|Education & Work Experience||C-HS Graduate or Equivalent – 5 year(s) experience|
Required:English , Arabic
|Vacancy Type||Service Contract (SC)|
|Contract Duration||6 months with possibility of extension|
IFAD is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
IFAD does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the guidance and supervision of the immediate supervisor, the Administrative Assistant provides support to administrative services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the Programme Management Department in IFAD HQ Office and staff in the NEN front office and the Sudan ICO to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Provision of administrative and logistical support
- Provision of support to office maintenance and assets management
- Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/IFAD rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
- Provides administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Receipt of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments (received/sent), arrangements for shipments. Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions, drafting correspondence related to shipments/customs clearance.
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations.
- Support to staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents in accordance with requirements of the United Nations and national government.
- Administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys.
- Receipt, registration, scanning, filing and forwarding of incoming correspondence.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with ICO SOPs.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of files in the Office and for RMT.
- Checking vehicle logs and preparation of the draft vehicle history reports and maintenance plans.
- Liaising with vendors and Host Agency regarding procurement and expenses of goods and services incurred by the ICO.
- Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results
- Collection of information on assets management, maintenance of records and files on assets management.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the execution of the ICO administrative/logistical services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach strengthens the capacity of the office in the provision of administrative/logistical services.
- Ensures utilities related correspondence are prepared and associated papers and documents are filed. Follows-up utilities bills for timely payments
- Ensures incoming mails are sorted and distributed both outside and inside the organization and dispatch outgoing mails.
- Ensures that all logistical and administrative tasks with other agencies are handled with care.
- Strategic thinking and organizational development: Personal influence (Level 1)
- Demonstrating Leadership: Personal leadership and attitude to change (Level 1)
- Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating: Continuously seeks to learn, shares knowledge and innovates (Level 1)
- Focusing on clients: Focuses on clients (Level 1)
- Problem solving and decision making: Demonstrates sound problem solving and decision making ability (Level 1)
- Managing time, resources and information: Manages own time, information and resources effectively (Level 1)
- Team Work: Contributes effectively to the team (Level 1)
- Communicating and negotiating: Communicates effectively: creates understanding between self and others (Level 1)
- Building relationships and partnerships: Builds and maintains effective working relationships (Level 1)
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other IFAD software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems an asset.
- Knowledge of IFAD administrative policies and procedures will be a plus.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors;
- Sense of initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary education. Secretarial Studies Diploma will be a plus.
5 years of relevant administrative experience. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Fluency in English and in Arabic, both writing and speaking.