Senior Supply Assistant – UNHCR
|Organization||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees|
|Job Title||Senior Supply Assistant|
|Family Location Type||Non-Family|
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Duties and Qualifications
Senior Supply Assistant
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Supply Assistant provides supply support to all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing & procurement, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, assets & fleet management and monitoring within the area of responsibility (AoR).
The incumbent is supervised by a higher level supply position and receives regular guidance and instructions from the supervisor on successive steps. S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor on more complex issues. The incumbent may have contacts on a working level on specific issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate performing the supply function. The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources within the geographical area covered while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
– Apply UNHCR’s sourcing & procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
– Initiate custom clearance of consignments, draft exemption requests, and liaise with local agents.
– Support warehouse management, and assist with planning of goods & services deliveries, and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
– Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request.
– Examine purchase requests to ensure conformity and liaise with requesters.
– Prepare quotation requests and tenders, produce bid-tabulations from tenders and prepare Purchase Orders for approval.
– Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
– Provide information on all procurement activities within the AoR.
– Produce standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
– Maintain accurate data in all relevant business systems. Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
In the Regional Bureaux:
– Track global Supply KPIs for the region and assist in preparation of regional ones, as required.
– Monitor all periodic Supply exercises such as monthly reconciliations, quarterly physical inventory exercises, and year-end accounts closure procedures and provide relevant reports to senior managers.
– Assist Country Operations in MSRP management.
In the Country Operations:
– Ensure local liaison to effectively support the supply activities.
– Assist in the management of the storage of goods according to “best practices” and UNHCR rules and regulations;
– Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation, including registration and marking of new PPE, physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements and disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE.
– Perform other related duties as required.
- Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G5- 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher.
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
- IT-Computer literacy
- SC-PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management;
- SC-Supply Planning
- SC-Customs clearance
- SC-Warehouse Management
- SC-Asset Management
- SC-Fleet Management
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.