Supply Chain Officer – DRC
DRC (Danish Refugee Council), founded in Denmark in 1956, is Denmark’s largest and the world’s leading non-profit, independent, rights-based refugee organization.
Our vision is to assist refugees, internally displaced people and their host communities to a dignified life. We protect lives and human rights and empower beneficiaries throughout conflict displacement by providing shelter, food, and hope in terms of work, education and integration towards a sustainable future.
- Headquarters: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Founded: 1956
- Key people: Charlotte Slente – Secretary-General
|Organization||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Contract type:||National contract|
Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Supply Chain Officer for its operations in Sudan. DRC has been present in Sudan since 2004 working across 4 area offices covering both immediate humanitarian needs but also engages in longer term development activities.
About the job:
Supply Chain officer will Lead on administrative and/or technical logistics and procurement support.This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
• Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt.
• Lead on the preparation of the relevant documents for the procurement of goods and services
• Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
• Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
• Lead on checking that all assets old and new are properly recorded and tagged.
• Perform the physical asset check
• Overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and effecting the necessary documentation.
• Lead on maintenance of good communications with warehouse staff in other DRC locations and partner organizations
• Assist with Fleet Management tasks as needed
• Updating daily vehicle movement schedule and records and assigning of all mechanical transport as required.
• Compile regular fuel consumption reports and monthly vehicle utilization analysis
• Minimum 2 year of relevant work experience.
• Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
• Excellent IT skills, including experience in operating an ERP supply chain system
• Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management
• Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
• Experience with construction and site project management
• Experience with auto mechanics or electrical installations.
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in Arabic
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
We offer :
Contract length: 6 months
Designation of Duty Station: Gedaref
Start date: Immediate
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 5 October 2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!