Finance Officer – UNICEF
Finance Officer NO-B, Fixed Term Appointment, Khartoum, Sudan
|Contract type:||Fixed Term Appointment|
|Categories:||Finance and Administration|
|Advertised:||11/08/2021 E.Africa Standard Time|
|Deadline:||19/08/2021 E.Africa Standard Time|
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child
Sudan, surrounded by the Central African Republic, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Libya and South Sudan, positioned next to East, West, South and North Africa, is surrounded by complex conflicts in an unpredictable, volatile and rapidly evolving region. Sudan is by size the third biggest country in Africa, with a diverse population of around 42 million people. Sudan’s children make up half of the total population, and the past two decades have seen their lives significantly improve: fewer girls and boys are dying before their fifth birthday, primary school attendance is increasing, immunization coverage is high and the country remains polio free. Still, millions of children continue to suffer from protracted conflict in Darfur, the Kordofan’s, and Blue Nile, from seasonal natural disasters, malnutrition and disease outbreaks, and from under-investment in basic social services. More than three million of Sudan’s school aged children are not in the classroom. UNICEF has been in Sudan since 1952 and continues with a presence in 12 of Sudan’s 18 states.
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to financial planning and management
- Control of accounts
- Treasury and cash management
- Knowledge and capacity building
- Financial management of Cash Transfer project
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A first level university degree in accounting, financial management or another related financial field is required. Supplemental formal financial / accounting training may be accepted if university degree is not in a related financial field. Diploma qualification in CIPFA is acceptable in lieu of relevant university degree, or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in financial management or audit is required.
- Experience in an international organization and/or large corporation is preferred. Experience in a UN system agency or organization some of which served in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
- Experience in database packages, web-based management systems and ERP systems (preferably SAP financial modules) is considered as an asset.
- Experience with IPSAS and/or IFRS is considered as an asset
- Experience in supporting Cash Transfer programmes is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People, and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
** Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
*** Candidates found suitable in this process not appointed for this post may be retained and contacted for similar future employment opportunities with UNICEF Sudan over the next 36 months.
Advertised: 11 Aug 2021 E. Africa Standard Time
Deadline: 19 Aug 2021 E. Africa Standard Time
For jobs from UNICEF visit: UNICEF Jobs Page