Senior Nutrition Officer – IRC
|Organization||The International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Job Title||Senior Nutrition Officer|
|Duty Station||Damazine, Blue Nile|
Purpose of the Role
Under the supervision of the health coordinator, the senior nutrition officer will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the nutrition program activities in IRC Sudan in Khartoum, Gedaref, and Blue Nile states. The Nutrition Officer will contribute to the development and review of nutrition program strategy and program design and proposal development. The senior nutrition officer will work with other senior staff of the health and nutrition team as well as with the field manager, environmental health, supply chain, human resource, and finance department to ensure effective implementation of the integrated health and nutrition program. The senior health officer will be based in Khartoum with frequent travel to program areas in Gedaref and Blue Nile.
- Aquent oneself on the project outputs, indicators, activities, and budget to ensure smooth implementation of activities
- Plan and coordinate timely and quality implementation of nutrition activities in supported health facilities and communities.
- Plan and coordinate the supply of essential medicines, nutrition supplies, and other commodities to Supported HFs and community volunteers.
- Plan and coordinate community mobilization and health and nutrition education activities including technical management of CHVs/CHWs in collaboration with the Health Teams
- Conduct regular supervision of IRC and SMOH nutrition staff working in IRC supported HFs
- Ensure that Nutrition program utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as prescribed by the Ministry of Health and WHO/UNICEF.
- Oversee the collection and timely reporting of data and statistics for the project in line with national, internal and donor requirements.
- Ensure regular follow up on project indicators and achievements of the project targets.
- Ensure all stakeholders SMOH are provided with updates, following the established reporting structures.
- Participate in the nutrition program development as per requested by line manager
- Monitor evolving nutrition needs of the target communities and recommend adjustment to programmatic priorities as necessary.
- Actively participate in drafting of quality and timely internal and external reports
- Ensure/facilitate the ongoing capacity building of nutrition staff through supportive supervision and undertake staff performance evaluations and individual development plans.
- Ensure appropriate support by coaching through regular field visits.
- Recruit and manage staff as necessary, according to IRC Yemen policies and procedures.
- Build strong relationship with SMOH, community leaders and other stakeholders in operational areas
- Collaborate with other sectors to ensure a holistic approach in line with IRC Sudan integrated program strategy
- Represent IRC in health coordination meetings in the health cluster and other coordination meetings
- Ensure good coordination with other departments
Required qualification and experience
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Medicine, Public Health or other related fields
- At least 3 years’ experience in management of Community Management of Acute
- Malnutrition (CMAM) and IYCF program in Sudan
- Experience in project management in humanitarian organizations
- Ability to write clear and concise reports to meet required reporting deadlines
- Able to work independently while being a strong team player
- Competence with Windows, Microsoft Office
- Proficient in English language (written and spoken) and in Arabic language (spoken) is required.
Standard of Professional Conduct
IRC and IRC employees are required to abide by the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct which are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity
We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & copy of educational and experience certificates to the HAC Labour office, Khartoum.
For jobs from The International Rescue Committee visit: IRC Jobs Page
For more Jobs from HAC visit: HAC Jobs Page