Supply Chain assistant – IRC
|Organization||The International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Job Title||Supply Chain assistant|
|Band/Level/Grade||(per current HR salary grade)|
|Overtime Eligible||(per local law)|
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The Supply Chain Assistant reports to the Supply Chain Officer and is responsible for managing IRC Sudan program assets & properties, including receipt, storage, and dispatch of Sudan program assets & equipment.
He/she will also provide support to the warehouse team, fleet, compound, and admin.
Assets & Property Management
- Implement IRC standard of asset & property management policies & procedures.
- Responsible for tracking all IRC assets & property including ICT equipment, furniture, medical equipment, etc.
- Update the master asset list and any asset movement and location.
- Maintain & update Asset Registers, including acquisitions, maintenance management, transfers.
- Report on assets and properties for disposal
- Coordination with field offices for Master asset reports and updating on regular bases.
- Responsible to manage asset maintenance and repair, ensure all asset in service.
- Do quarter asset verification in Khartoum office and leading the field site asset verification process.
- Assist the supply chain manager and field coordinator on asset allocation process and asset renewal.
- Maintain and manage any asset lost and ensuring to record on file for any incident report.
- Prepare the equipment, property and furniture inventory of the Khartoum offices, support and ensure that all fields offices to keep it updates in monthly basis.
- Contributing on the asset monthly report and asset verification exercise
Supply Chain and Facilities Management
- Ensure all Premises lease & vehicles rental are well manage, track and renew on time. Inform supply chain manager for any contract near to expired.
- Ensure and prepare support document and process all payment in monthly basis on time for vehicle rental, any premises and any lease in the fields.
- As facility focal points of Sudan CP of Khartoum base office , in liaise with HR/Admin team to maintain the office facilities and necessary repair or rehabilitation
- Maintain the minimum stock level of Sudan – Khartoum office stationary, Office supplies and kitchen supplies. Liaise with HR/Admin and procurement team to re stock and re order .
- Managing the fleet of vehicle rent request and vehicle movement.
- Supervising all drivers and do a performance evaluation for the driver
- Monitor the generator log sheet and fuel consumption.
- Managing minimum fuel stock level base on the current fuel usage policy.
- Contributing on the vehicle usage monthly report
- Update documents related fleet, driver file and accident report.
- On the absence of Supply Chain officer, the Supply Chain assistant will be responsible for the functions of supply chain officer:
- support Supply Chain manager for any international transportation, such as customs regulations and any necessary documentation for inside Sudan.
- Supporting field offices in warehouse and transportation
- Reporting as required
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to Supply Chain Officer
Position directly supervises:
Indirect Reporting: Supply Chain Managers.
Other Internal and/or external contacts: The Supply Chain assistant works with the other Supply Chain colleagues & all IRC Sudan staff to ensure smooth operations at the general supply chain management.
- University Degree or Diploma.
- Minimum of (2) years of professional Supply Chain or related experience preferably with an INGO.
- Well experienced in inventory control.
- Very good command in Arabic and English, both writing and speaking.
- Able to work under pressure, able to multitask, excellent team player and able to work in a multinational environment.
- Very Good MS Office skills.
Working Environment: Standard Warehouse working environment with all amenities available including ACs, Internet connection, electricity, and office space with frequent travel to the fields.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & copy of educational and experience certificates to the HAC Labour office, Khartoum.
For jobs from The International Rescue Committee visit: IRC Jobs Page
For more Jobs from HAC visit: HAC Jobs Page