Administration & Finance Assistant – FES
The Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation (FES) is a German private, non-profit organization committed to the values of social democracy. FES has been engaged in Sudan since 1975. It pursues the promotion of peace, democracy and just socio-economic development. FES cooperates with governmental institutions, universities, trade unions, media and civil society organizations. FES desires to hire an administration & finance assistant.
- Position: Administration & Finance Assistant
- Location: Khartoum
- Number of Hours 40 hours
- Remuneration: Competitive salary in EUR, thirteenth salary, based on experiences
- Start Date: 15th July 2021
- Deadline: June 24, 2021
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Administration & Finance Managers, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Coordinate with partner organizations and Communicate on their needs and requirements.
• Work closely with activity coordinator to ensure FES rules and regulations are applied. Coordinate with implementing partners and Communicate on their needs and requirements.
• Effectively prioritize tasks to ensure that information is exchanged between FES and activity coordinators regarding implementation of workshops.
• Draft workshops staff contracts and ensure handing over of formats prior workshops.
• Process application and follow up regarding Visa’s, travel permissions and accommodation bookings.
• Handle vehicle bookings in coordination with drivers.
• Prepare activities settlement checklist and ensure documents are complete.
• Carryout invoice checking and translation.
• Photocopies, scan and filing documents as needed
• Takes over other tasks assigned by line managers.
Education: University degree in business administration, accounting or similar areas. Experience: At least 3 years working experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of general office and administrative policies, processes and procedures.
• Client orientation and ability to work under pressure when required.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity; proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with officials and partners at all levels.
• Good organizational and p planning skills and ability to use time efficiently.
• Excellent communication skills both spoken and written.
• Solid computer skills, full proficiency in MS office applications; knowledge of other IT applications is an advantage.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
If you meet the above requirements, and you are interested in the position, please submit a curriculum vitae and a motivation letter in English to Christine Röhrs, FES Resident Representative, E-Mail: [email protected]. The closing date for applications is Thursday, June 24 2021.
We strongly encourage the application of qualified women.
About FES Sudan
The FES Sudan Office was officially established in 1976. Pursuant to the global FES mandate, it promotes the values of social democracy such as peace, democracy, human rights, and just socio-economic development. The work of FES in Sudan is financed by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Additionally, FES Sudan receives project-specific funding from the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs (AA) and from other third-party donors such as the EU.
“International cooperation is far too important to be left to governments alone.” Willy Brandt
The FES in Sudan strives to enable societal groups to articulate their interests by strengthening their capacities to participate in social and political discourses. Fostering gender equality is of particular significance in this process. We support activities of Sudanese partners of all regional, cultural and social origins, and cooperate with governmental institutions, universities, trade unions, media institutions, and civil society organizations.
The activities of FES Sudan aim at promoting democracy, good governance, and the political participation of the civil society. Cross-cutting issues are social justice and gender equality as well as at contributing to.
FES Sudan cooperates with a wide range of local partners, including from the civil society and the political sphere. It supports its partners in their endeavors and itself offers platforms for dialogue and debate, organizes conferences and workshops, and publishes policy papers on current Sudanese issues.
The focus of our work
- Providing democratic and civic education.
- Building the capacities of civil society actors through workshops and forums.
- Building the capacities of democratically organized trade unions and parties close to the social democratic values of FES.
- Increasing the political participation and the involvement of youth and women by promoting social justice and gender equality.
- Providing information and assistance to decision-makers through consultation and knowledge-transfer.
- Providing a platform for creative, political and civil society actors to engage in a constructive dialogue.
- Providing public analyses and research papers on current Sudanese issues.