Site Management Support Team Leader – DRC
|Organization||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Contract type:||National contract|
DRC (Danish Refugee Council), founded in Denmark in 1956, is Denmark’s largest and the world’s leading non-profit, independent, rights-based refugee organization.
Our vision is to assist refugees, internally displaced people and their host communities to a dignified life. We protect lives and human rights and empower beneficiaries throughout conflict displacement by providing shelter, food, and hope in terms of work, education and integration towards a sustainable future.
|Employment category:||Band G|
|Reporting to:||Area Manager|
|Unit/department:||Site Management Support|
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the direct supervision of the Area Manager, the Site Management Support Team Leader is responsible for the implementation of DRC Sudan Site Management Support activities guided by the line manager and in accordance with approved methodologies and tools; in line with DRC and donor policies and guidelines. He/she will be working in cooperation with all DRC teams and with support, as well as in collaboration with local authorities and communities.
Responsibilities and Tasks :
To achieve the overall and specific position’s objectives the job holder tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading program activities related to the provision of services and assistance to vulnerable and at-risk individuals at the site level. To this end, support the Project Team Leader (Site Management) in implementing workplans and managing program activities accordingly.
- Leading delivery of assistance in camps as part of programmatic interventions, ensuring that all material needs of individuals and households in the sites requiring assistance are met.
- Leading the mobilization and participation of those assisted at site level, with particular emphasis on meaningful inclusion of women, children, elderly and persons with specific needs into the decision-making processes, including supporting the running of community groups and quick improvement projects.
- Leading the identification, management, upkeep and oversight of site solutions for vulnerable individuals and households identified by Protection teams during intake and vulnerability screening.
- Support with partner agencies, CSOs and service providers in ensuring that sites are well kept, operational and to a good standard.
- Leading any other programmatic tasks related to the provision of assistance as instructed by the Area Manager
- Leading the development of DRC standard operating procedures as well as other strategic documents.
- Leading the monitoring and follow up on maintenance of site infrastructure and support the mobilization of site residents
- Leading the mapping of safety risks and other hazards at site level and surrounding communities when feasible.
- Leading the development of an effective referral mechanism and service mapping in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that quality and accurate reports and supporting documentation on program activities related to the provision of Site Management assistance, are submitted timely and daily to the Site Management Team Leader. To this end, ensure that both the hard and soft copies of all activity reports are archived on the server and/or uploaded onto online platforms for information management as relevant.
- Ensure that all information or data shared is done so in a manner that upholds the principle of data protection and confidentiality.
Representation and coordination
- Leading the development of positive relationships with beneficiaries, local communities, local authorities, humanitarian partners, service providers etc. in order to maintain trust in DRC’s professional standard and quality of work among all stakeholders.
- Ensure that all interactions with individual beneficiaries take place in an environment and in a way that respect and promotes their safety, trust and dignity. Ensure that all interactions with other stakeholders such as community members and service providers are conducted in accordance to the principles of respect, confidentiality and collaboration.
- Leading the effective implementation of support activities related to the effective implementation of the program, including in terms of logistics, administration, human resources, finance and security. In all matters, comply with internal directive and policies as communicated by the Project Manager (Site Management Support Team Leader)
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least graduated 12th, university degree in related subject is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience within a humanitarian organization, prior experience in emergency responses and in refugee/IDPs camps is desirable
- Experience in community engagement mobilization. In particular, awareness campaigns, distributions or emergency response.
- Good knowledge of the area
- Good experience of working directly with Sudanese and Ethiopian communities and local authorities
- Good communications skills; experience with dealing with Communities; good written and spoken Arabic
English is an advantage
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic report writing ability
- At least high school degree, university degree is preferred (technical/scientific faculties)
Amhara or Tigray is an advantage
- Internal: Area Manager, Protection Team, Safety Officer, SC Log Officer
- External: Other Humanitarian Partners, UNHCR, IOM, HAC, COR, camp representatives and local authorities
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.