Health Systems Officer – SSA – WHO
|Organization:||World Health Organization|
|Job Title:||Health Systems Officer – SSA – (2102038)|
|Contractual Arrangement:||Special Services Agreement (SSA)|
|Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days):||6 months|
|Job Posting:||18/05/2021 3:24:44 PM|
|Closing Date:||16/06/2021 12:59:00 AM|
|Organization:||EM_SUD WHO Representative’s Office, Sudan|
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
FUNCTION 1 (INCL. EXPECTED RESULTS)
Acts as an advisor to national authorities and counterparts to ensure proper management and monitoring of the implementation of health development activities and its impact on the community, achieving results such as:
- Programme planning on the organization of health system based on Primary and Community Health Care (PHC) and technical advice to local authorities on defining priorities and strategies to integrate the delivery of PHC.
- Monitoring and supervision of the implementation of PHC activities and Community Based Initiatives (CBI) such as Basic Development Needs (BDN), and development of appropriate mechanisms of community involvement and inter-sectorial collaboration for health development on a sustainable basis.
- Building partnerships and networks with stakeholders and ensuring effective collaboration between priority programmes,
- Technical advice and guidance to National Health Sector Coordination Committee (NHSCC) and other stakeholders in the designated area for the development of plans of action for Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) and Health Systems and Services (HSS) implementation.
- Close collaboration with MOH committee regarding issues related to the establishment of Medical Equipment Management System.
- Effective coordination with all necessary stakeholders to facilitate the functioning of Government-WHO collaborative programmes in the designated area, e.g. the National Program for Family Planning and Primary Health Care, Maternal, Child and Neonatal Health Program, Expanded Program on Immunization, Provincial Directorates for Tuberculosis and Malaria Control, Provincial AIDS Control Program, etc.
- Development of inter-sectorial development programmes as well as supervision and coordination of the inter-sectorial teams on health related activities in line with the devolution plan of the government.
FUNCTION 2 (INCL. EXPECTED RESULTS)
Liaises with media and manages awareness campaigns and capacity building initiatives, achieving results such as:
- Development of health system capacities to enhance strengthening work streams funded by Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) and other global health systems initiatives.
- Maintenance of good relations with the media with a view to improve visibility of WHO activities in the designated area, and to increase awareness on important health topics and issues.
- In collaboration with UNDP and WHO Communication specialists, development of media and other mass communication efforts to keep accomplishments prominently placed within health care systems.
- Improvement of the EPI coverage through proper health education and awareness sessions for the community leaders.
- Setting up committees and professional networks in health care facilities in the designated area.
- Increase case detection rate of diseases through proper social mobilization and awareness of the community.
- Enabling the development and strengthening of centres of excellence on Health Management Information Systems (HMIS).
FUNCTION 3 (INCL. EXPECTED RESULTS)
Leads the development, planning and implementation of appropriate preparedness and emergency activities in the designated area, achieving results such as:
- Sensitive vigilance in relation to disease outbreaks and immediate alert and recommendations for interventions.
- Establishment of mechanism of streamlining medicine supplies and their management both for emergencies and routine health services.
- Implementation of emergency medical services, including needs assessment of laboratory equipment and of capacity gaps.
- Immediate remedial collaborative measures in case of any natural emergency situation warranting humanitarian response.
- First level university degree in medicine or any health related field.
- Desirable: Study in public health or health systems.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 5 years of experience required in Health Systems development and implementation of health systems and experience in developing and promoting collaborative partnership.
- Excellent Skills in assessment, monitoring, analysis and evaluation of the national health system
- Very good knowledge of health system strategies and policies relevant to the objective of extending health coverage with quality affordable health services
- Desirable: Experience in UN organizations/agencies, international institutes or NGOs.