Sexual and Reproductive Health Analyst – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Khartoum (SDN)|
|Language Skills||English, Arabic|
|Start Date||01 June 2021|
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of head of reproductive health unit, the national UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Closely with the program analysts and specialists ensuring the implementation of the program activities for the assigned projects (FP, HIV/AIDS, MH, MISP, RHCS & STI), through regular follow up with the implementing partners, advocacy efforts, coordination mechanisms and providing technical assistance
- Facilitate the work of consultants, advisors and experts involved in the implementation of the program under her/his responsibility
- Assist the program analysts and specialist in developing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework for each grant/project,
- Support the program analysts and specialist to analyze and report on implementation of the assigned program activities, measure progress, identify obstacles/challenges in the implementation of projects that needs to be addressed and document the impact and achievement of each project in line with the annual work plans targets, and UNFPA strategic targets,
- Provide on timely bases up to date summary sheet for progress against all relevant indicators at both outputs and process levels including reproductive health commodities, to facilitate the relevant decisions associated with planning, reporting, funding allocation, and prioritization.
- Support the program analysts and specialists in the analysis of processed data and information and perform data quality and consistency control to analyze and report on implementation of the assigned program/project activities, measure progress, identify obstacles/challenges in the implementation of projects that need to be addressed and document the impact and achievement of each project in line with the annual work plans targets, and UNFPA strategic targets,
- Contribute to development of reports to SRH programme in humanitarian settings including Emergency RH Kits Coordinate with partners to ensure that monitoring system are properly designed, and that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized to feed into to program performance monitoring.
- Build the capacity of implementing partners on grant management with focus on monitoring and reporting (through formal and intensive on-job trainings);
- In the event of establishing an SRH WG: Design, build, and maintain health information systems for the SRH Working Group to enable regular SRH data compilation across the Health Cluster Facilitate information exchange to promote inter cluster activities including but not limited to: GBV Sub cluster, & Health Cluster.
- Provide other forms of assistance as required and instructed by the direct supervisors
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
Advanced degree in medicine, pharmacy, public health, dentistry, or any relevant public health sciences.
Required experience: 24 Months
- At least two years of experience in public health
- Proficiency in current office software with high level of proficiency in MS. Excel
- Previous experience in areas of reproductive health, public health is an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Public health, Other health related experience
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Sudan and legal residents in Sudan with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.