FINANCE AND HR OFFICER – MEDGLOBAL
SCOPE OF WORK
|Contract Duration:||Full Time.|
|Job location:||Sudan – 80% office work, 20% fieldwork and travel.|
|Duration:||6 months/ Extendable subject to performance.|
|Start Date:||May 20, 2021.|
|Reports to:||Country Program Manager.|
|Closing Date:||May 05, 2021.|
MedGlobal is a United State international medical organization registered in Sudan as a non-profit that provides health and nutrition services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health volunteers of diverse backgrounds.
The Accounting and HR Officer is responsible for the accounting and finance activities of our programs in Sudan with a particular focus on the bank and cash handling in line with MedGlobal policies and procedures and in accordance with Sudan Humanitarian Aid Regulation Law and local employment legislation and practice. As well as recruiting staff, payroll, handling VAT, Tax and registration forms.
Finance And Accounting
1- Carry out the day-to-day accounting functions of the program including, but not limited to:
2- Complete the establishment of MedGlobal Bank accounts in the country.
3- Managing records and receipts.
4- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly cash counts & transactions.
5- Prepare bank and cash voucher payments and daily transaction reports Employees and logistics cash advances.
6- QuickBooks data entry.
7- Manage in-country cash, ensuring sufficient amounts are available at all times and that necessary security measures are in place and are being followed.
8- Work closely with the MedGlobal Country Program Manager on all submissions such as projects audit reports completion, new project budget preparation, FD-7,FD-5 and FD-6.,etc.
9- Pay supplier invoices either directly or in conjunction with team members and in accordance with agreements made.
10- Prepare and Pay local employees salaries and allowances as agreed, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and subsequently paid to the appropriate authorities.
11- Support colleagues in cash handling and financial transactions, providing coaching and guidance as required
12- Prepare for and support internal and external financial audits, providing all information required by HAC, local legislation, donors, HQ, or other bodies.
13- Ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is adhered to for all financial transactions and that all filing and archiving are in line with MedGlobal and donor requirements which follow international accounting standards.
14- Conduct regular cash and bank reconciliations, verifying amounts held and reporting any discrepancies
15- Prepare and manage all VAT, tax preparation, and renew MedGlobal office registration forms as needed.
16- Participate with the Country Program Manager in all required logistical operations.
Human Resources & Administration:
1- Ensure all employment practices for nationally recruited staff comply with local labor laws, seek advice from local lawyers, and benchmark with other NGOs in-country as applicable.
2- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure the preparation, payment, and record-keeping of staff salaries and/or allowances is done in a timely manner and in accordance with local employment regulations, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and subsequently paid to the appropriate authorities.
3- Ensure all employees have a personnel file containing all relevant documentation and information and archived according to MedGlobal policy, local law, and any donor requirements
4- Ensure line managers/team members receive any necessary training, advice, mentoring, or coaching on performance management or any other relevant areas of finance and HR.
5- Maintain open and frequent communication with field management and the HQ HR Officer concerning all HR issues
6- Ensure team members are informed of the required HR procedures, and be available to answer any HR related questions and to provide coaching and guidance as necessary
7- Ensure relevant HR and accountant documentation are made available to staff in a language they understand.
8- Ensure all nationally recruited staff have a current employment contract.
9- Co-ordinate the recruitment process for new/vacant positions in conjunction with the country representative and the program manager. This includes job descriptions, advertising, short-lists, interviews, and the appointment.
- Create monthly, and annual Finance and HR reports.
- Conduct regular internal audits and report immediately any possible fraud or theft.
- Prepare and manage VAT, tax preparation, and renew MedGlobal office registration forms as needed, including all the relevant reports.
- Report to Humanitarian Aid Commission as per the provision of Foreign Donations (Voluntary Activities) Regulation Act, 2006 of Sudan Govt. and the circulars/ instructions issued from HAC, Ministry of Finance, partners, donors and other appropriate Govt. authority.
- Ensure that MedGlobal program legal compliance of in-country human resources activities in accordance with MedGlobal, donor, national and international requirements
- Ensure that all MedGlobal documentation is constantly updated to the MedGlobal Cloud platform.
- Confidentiality of information held on individual staff.
- Implement and improve human resources systems and policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with at least 3 years experience with an International NGO in a similar position.
- Excellent understanding of Google drive & document management.
- understanding of the humanitarian principles and practices.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations, accounting processes and international NGOs procurement procedures.
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are required to Submit a cover letter, a detailed CV and a copy of qualifications & certificates and send to [email protected] with the subject line: “Finance and HR Officer – Sudan”.
Submit to a hard copy of a cover letter, a detailed CV and a copy of qualifications & certificates HAC Labor office Khartoum El Gomhoria street.
Only English CV’s will be considered.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as due to the urgency of this position.
Deadline for receiving applications is May 5th, 2021.