Finance Assistant – (2100991) – WHO
|Organization:||World Health Organization|
|Job Title:||Finance Assistant – (2100991)|
|Contractual Arrangement:||Fixed-term appointment|
|Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days):||1 year subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position|
|Job Posting:||01/03/2021 10:33:50 AM|
|Closing Date:||23/03/2021 1:59:00 AM|
|Organization:||EM_SUD WHO Representative’s Office, Sudan|
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations conutry teams.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Administer the E-Imprest system. Ensure compliance with financial procedures, systems and internal controls according to Global Management System (GSM) instructions and WHO rules. Select and enter data from variety of documents ensure accurance in calculations and attach necessary supporting invoices or receipts of payments and payment authorizations.
2. Record all expenses and receipts in the e-imprest and reflect it in the GSM in a timey manner. Monitor the unposted items in the cash book and take necessary steps to clear them in coordination with Global Service Center (GSC).
3. Intitate, verify and process financial transactions and payments for WRO office and sub-offices related to staff and non staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, etc, based on authorizations received from EMRO and GSC. Process e-imprest transactions and monitor Imprest GL’s including processing and reveiwing of purchase orders for services – Imprest, DFC’s and other activities with the aim to ensure accuracy data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of proper accounting records.
4. Reconcile country office cash books and justify any difference in reconciliation, prepare cash counts and to reconcile with the cashbooks on a monthly basis.
5. Follow up on the transfer of program funds and initiate award budgeting in GSM workplans. Monitor awards expiry dates, alert responsible staff, and initiate action for expenditure batches. Review and follow up on encumbrances and unapplied receivable balances, process and monitor revision of amounts vis-a-vis award distribution by SOI/OWER.
6. Compare cash books with bank statements to compute gain and loss in exchange rate on monthly basis and liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange rates. Prepare financial tables, special reports and other ad-hoc reports, initiate correspondences and ansewer quries related to area of work.
7. Update and maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions.
8. Replace and assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required.
Essential: Completion of secondary education, training in business administration/commerce and or technical courses in a field related to the work peroformed.
Desirable: Bachelor degree in business adminstration, commerce accounting , social sciences or other related field is an asset.
Essential: At least five years of related experience in accounting and/or adminstrative work.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN System.
Very good orginzational skills. Proven knowledge of banking regulations and local laws. Good analytical and effective communications skills. Sound knowledge of the oranization’s policies and regulations in general, and in praticular, regarding project activties and financial procedures is an asset.
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of local language.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 17,056 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.