Movcon Assistant – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Abyei (SDN)|
|Duration||until 30 June 2022 with possibility of extension|
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Chief, Movement Control Section the UN volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Arrange and coordinate the movement of inbound and outbound cargo via all modes of inbound and outbound cargo via all applicable modes of transport (air, river, sea, road and rail), complete cargo manifests and other documentation, arrange & supervise the customs clearance and related documentation, ensure cargo (including dangerous cargo) is loaded in accordance with International Regulations.Monitor and ensure delivery of cargo and communicate shipping details to all concerned parties.
- For all movement activities all documentation must be forwarded to up line and down line stations to allow the receiving station to plan their specific tasks.
- Coordinate the accurate preparation and manifesting of passengers and cargo, completion of dangerous goods declaration (if qualified), weighing of cargo, loading and the unloading. This includes the physical actions of lifting and carrying cargo as required. Monitor and ensure delivery of cargo and communicate shipping details to all concerned parties.
- Coordinate the Check-in of passengers traveling on UN aircraft to include manifest confirmation/amendments, baggage identification and weighing, distribution of boarding passes and passenger briefing.
- Coordinate the handling, retrieval, placement, transfer of baggage and cargo on aircraft from/to the terminal area, and follow-up on misplaced or damage ofpassenger baggage, ensure cargo (including dangerous cargo) is loaded in accordance with United Nations and international regulations;
- Coordinate timely boarding and deplaning of passengers, while remaining aware of safety procedures with respect to aircraft refueling, use of cell phones and approaching aircraft;
- Coordinate with airfield and air terminal security by ensuring all passenger baggage or property are scanned and accounted for at the time of check-in, the air passengers remain in designated areas while at the air terminal and all incidents or potential safety or security matters are reported in a timely manner.
- Drive vehicles at the airfield in keeping with appropriate licenses / authorizations.
- Prepare, compile and maintain the weekly and monthly passenger and cargo statistics;
- Track and trace missing cargo and baggage;
- Manage the required office supplies such as stationery materials and other resources;
- Provide generaloffice support services such as draftingroutine correspondence and the distribution to variousofficials;
- Assist with logging all incoming/outgoing corresponding using Lotus Notes Correspondence log/Correspondence tracking log (e-tracking);
- Maintain Unit files as required (both in hard and soft copies), administrative instruction and other related documentation;
- Cary out other tasks as assigned by the Chief Movcon or his delegate.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
University degree in Logistics, or equivalent diploma/certficate from occupational courses or college.
Required experience: 60 Months
- At least 5 years experience working in passenger services, cargo services or military supply chain operations.
- Experiance in air transportation, inland transportation and sea transportation highly desireable.
- Experiance in customs and shipping would be an asset.
- Profietiency in MS word and MS Excel would be advantageuos.
- IATA certification with regard to MOVCON activities is highly desirable.
- Dangerous goods awareness is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes would be an asset.
- Valid driving license is required.
Heavy duty license and MHE operator would be an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Multimodal transport, travel and dispatch management and Movement Control (MOVCON).
Area of expertise details:
Driving license: Yes
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of
your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly,
select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage
and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.