Field Coordinator – COOPI
|DUTY STATION||Kassala City, Sudan|
|REQUESTED EXPERIENCE||min. 5 years|
COOPI is looking for a Field Coordinator in Sudan
Coordination of field operations and provision of timely logistic support for program implementation. Act as human resources focal point and directly manages human resources and support staff. Assure effective implementation of security plan and procedures and actively represent the organization at Kassala level.
We encourage international staff already in the country to apply.
Coordination of field operations
- Participate directly in work of those supervised to provide hands-on training and support, inclusive of assistance in handling difficult situations ;
- Provide support to Project Managers to solve programs’ implementation problems related to logistics, procurement and security ;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statistical and narrative reports and other periodical reports as required.
- Act as human resources focal point person for program and support staff, including expatriates based in Kassala, assuring, in coordination with the Administrator, a sound implementation of COOPI staff policy ;
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate support staff in performance of their duties ;
- Assess staff skills needs and organize relevant staff training and upgrading session.
- Manage the security implementation plan in program areas in all its aspects, including supervision of security guidelines implementation by COOPI staff in charge and emergency and evacuation procedures ;
- Assure that equipment related to security is properly functioning, which includes supervision of check up and maintenance procedures and timely replacement of equipment when necessary ;
- Coordinate regular collection of information from areas of intervention. Prepare Security reports and timely inform the Country Director on security matters ;
- Participate to ad hoc security coordination meetings in Kassala ;
- Consult with aid agencies and other relevant stakeholders on the ongoing security situation as well as their security procedures. Assure that COOPI Sudan in Kassala is actively part of the ongoing security network ;
- In coordination with the Country Director, regularly revise and update COOPI Sudan – Kassala internal security procedures.
Liaison and networking
- Coordination of liaison activities with the Government of Sudan bodies in Kassala, which includes registration procedures, preparation of agreements, preparation of documentation for permits ;
- In coordination with the Country Director, represent the organization in coordination fora, with donors and with international and local agencies ;
- Regularly participate to coordination meetings in Kassala concerning implementation, operational and security matters. Assure that feedback of information is channeled internally.
- University degree in social sciences, business or technical sciences ;
- A minimum of five years of relevant working experience is required ;
- At least three years of demonstrated successful experience in international relief and development in a similar position is required ;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities, IOs and NGOs ;
- Fluency in English language;
- Computer literacy.
- Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters is a strong advantage ;
- Previous work experience in Sudan is a plus ;
- Proven capacity to work in a team is essential. Experience in managing staff is an advantage ;
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure ;
- Experience in working in conflict-prone environments a plus ;
- Arabic knowledge is a plus.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.