Warehouse Associate (GS6) – UNICEF
Warehouse Associate, (GS6) Temporary Appointment, 364 days, Khartoum, Post # 00115454 – Req # 537452
|Contract type:||Temporary Appointment|
|Advertised:||18/01/2021 E.Africa Standard Time|
|Deadline:||31/01/2021 E.Africa Standard Time|
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
Sudan, surrounded by the Central African Republic, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Libya and South Sudan, positioned next to East, West, South and North Africa, is surrounded by complex conflicts in an unpredictable, volatile and rapidly evolving region. Sudan is by size the third biggest country in Africa, with a diverse population of around 42 million people. Sudan’s children make up half of the total population, and the past two decades have seen their lives significantly improve: fewer girls and boys are dying before their fifth birthday, primary school attendance is increasing, immunization coverage is high and the country remains polio free. Still, millions of children continue to suffer from protracted conflict in Darfur, the Kordofan’s, and Blue Nile, from seasonal natural disasters, malnutrition and disease outbreaks, and from under-investment in basic social services. More than three million of Sudan’s school aged children are not in the classroom. UNICEF has been in Sudan since 1952 and continues with a presence in 12 of Sudan’s 18 states.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the Supply and Logistics Officer, the Warehouse Associate will be responsible for the daily operations of the warehouse including; loading and/or unloading of trucks assigning and balancing labor requirements, arranging and supervising transport/dispatch of supplies in the warehouse while ensuring that storage conditions and cargo handling are in accordance with product specific demands.
- Carries out the loading and un-loading of planes, trucks and containers.
- Undertakes the receipt and dispatch of all consignments arriving in the warehouse.
- Carries out the receiving of shipments into the warehouse including quality control of palletization, packing and labelling of incoming shipments.
- Undertakes the transfer of goods into the warehouse for storage.
- Prepare stacking/storage plans in order to utilize the space optimally.
- Supports establishment of appropriate procedures and systems to ensure efficiency of the warehouse operations.
- Processes the picking requests from the warehouse.
- Undertakes the packing of sets, kits and individual items into boxes if required.
- Ensures the labelling, stacking and palletization of the packed boxes in line with good practices.
- Drafts weekly stocks (receipts, issues and stock balances by programme and commodity) and logistics movement reports.
- Prepare loading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly filled.
- If necessary, implement and organize new warehouse facilities which may include installation and assembly of temporary warehouse structures (e.g. Wiik-Halls/Rub Halls).
- In coordination with the Supply and Logistics Officer and Senior Warehouse Assistant supervises the staff of warehousing management contractor handling supplies in the warehouse. Performs general warehouse maintenance including cleaning of the warehouse area.
- Participates in physical inventory count.
- Collaborates with Government and partners as might be required.
- Provides technical and advisory support to Government and partners on warehouse management issues.
- Maintain files for all documents related to the warehouse operation including receipt and dispatch of goods. Report on irregularities, if any, in relation to receipt/dispatch of goods and security of the warehouse.
- Performs any other duties as requested by the Supervisors.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of Secondary education supplemented with formal training in Warehouse management, logistics, business or training in appropriate disciplines. Fritz institute Certification in Humanitarian Logistics or equivalent certification is an asset.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant working experience in a warehouse/logistic function.
- Intermediate IT skills, e.g. computer literacy and ability to use standard office tools.
- Knowledge of SAP/VISION is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Analyzing (level II)
- Learning and Researching (level II)
- Planning and organizing (level II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (level II)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). UNICEF DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Advertised: 18 Jan 2021 E. Africa Standard Time
Deadline: 31 Jan 2021 E. Africa Standard Time
For Jobs From UNICEF Visit: UNICEF Jobs
For Free Courses From UNICEF Visit: UNICEF Courses
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses