Programme Officer – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Kadugli (SDN)|
|Language Skills||English, Arabic|
|Duration||12 months with possibility of extension|
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the overall supervision of the Programme coordinator, the UN Volunteer Programme officer will be responsible for:
1. Assist in the development and monitoring of achievements of Rolling / Annual Work plan (RWP, AWP) and micro-plan.
2. Support the development, implementation and coordination of integrated projects (grants and partnership)
3. Support the development of quarterly work / monitoring plans
4. Assist in the preparedness and response to emergency
5. Support the development and implementation of a monitoring system of supplies from the UNICEF warehouses to the end users.
6. Assist in the preparation of reports, sitreps and presentation
7. Act as focal person for the Communication section at field office level
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
· Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
· Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
· Provide annual and end of assignment self-reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
· Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
· Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
· Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalentEducation – Additional Comments:
Bachelor degree in: Social Sciences, Development Planning, Planning, Evaluation, Advanced Statistical Research or related fieldsRequired experience: 24 MonthsExperience remark:
2 years of professional experience relevant to programme development and implementation including monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Development programme management.
Area of expertise details:
o Knowledge of Project Management, especially of the Monitoring and Evaluation phase;
o Proficiency in using computer applications (database, word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, project planning, e-mail, graphics etc.) is a must.
Driving license: No
Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Sudan and legal residents in Sudan with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 24-01-2021
For Jobs From United Nations Volunteers Visit: UNV Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses