Head Department of External Relations and International Cooperation
Private Office of the Ambassador Saeed ZAKI advocate for empowering Sudanese youth, and works for a better future for Sudan. Based in Khartoum – Sudan, the Private Office develops and manages a portfolio of projects and initiatives delivered in various locations across the globe.
If you’re a young talented leader and great organizer with strong administration skills and a flair for leading and motivating teams, then opportunity could be for you.
As an office manager, you’re responsible for organising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office. This includes the organising of people, information and other resources.
Under the direct guidance of the Special Adviser to the Ambassador, the Head, DERIC oversight and supports in the overall effort to build partnerships with partners and government. S/he implements the resource mobilization and partnerships building strategy, conducts partner intelligence and contributes to strengthening of the office position within the community to develop strategic partnerships with a variety of partners.
|Position Title||Head, Department of External Relations and International Cooperation|
|Duty Station||Khartoum, Republic of Sudan|
|Contract type||Voluntary Service (VS)|
|Duration||1 Year with a possibility of extension|
|Deadline||30 January 2021|
Duties and Responsibilities
As delegated by the Ambassador, the Head, DERIC will work to perform the following tasks and duties:
Contributes inputs into development of strategies, proposals, project documents and concept notes related to partnerships building (60%):
- Identification of partnership needs and opportunities in collaboration with the office teams;
- Analysis and assessment of partnership opportunities through constant scanning of the environment and regular mapping of different partnership groups based on needs of the office including funding partners, project implementation partners, joint programming partners and others;
- Continuous competitive landscape analysis of partners, their priorities and characterization of their relationships/partnerships;
- Development of partnerships with national organizations that can provide services to community in implementing project activities, monitoring project implementation and reporting, training, research and analysis, outreach and public awareness and others;
- Outreach through meeting and other activities to private sector, IFIs, I/NGOs, government and other potential partners;
- Identification of opportunities in the country based on partner-specific intelligence and the competitive landscape and where the office competency strengths overlap with partner/client needs;
- Analysis of key development and sectorial policies currently being discussed and implemented in the country and partners willing to support these policies;
- Drafting and revision of agreements with partners and stakeholders;
- Analysis of the level of office engagement with each partner: type, priorities, maintain contact lists; and
- Identification of emerging sources of funding; assessment of their current usage and potential for the future.
Support outreach and public information (40%):
- Effective implementation of the office visibility strategy and plan;
- Maintenance of increased coverage and understanding of the office’s work through regular media contacts and provision of newsworthy information to national public and, where possible, partners;
- Organization of lectures, roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches, etc;
- Effective responses to inquiries for public information materials; and
- Support for background research and analysis for public dissemination.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in an office setting, talented fresh graduate is accepted;
- Prior experience with international development and/or non-profit organizations, and/or working in a start-up business environment is desirable;
- Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills (in English);
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- The successful candidate will be:
- Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of Private Office;
- A strategic thinker who is adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes;
- Outgoing, straightforward, and creative;
- Able to work independently and take initiative;
- Team-focused, enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals, sharing information readily with co-workers, and listening to and respecting others;
- Able and willing to assist co-workers in the development of their own professional skills in order to ensure the team’s success; and
- A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others.
- Updates job knowledge by providing educational/training opportunities; professional publications;
- Enhance professional and personal networking;
- Participating in professional organizations.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Communications skills.
- Client orientation.
- Shares knowledge and experience, and actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions.
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data, identify and resolve operational problems
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work.
- Ability to supervise and train support staff.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Remains calm, in control even under pressure.
First level degree in business administration, communication, international relations, media, public relations, management or other relevant fields.
Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is essential for this position.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered, and only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the Private Office.
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses