Programme Coordinator – UNV
|United Nations Volunteers
|12 months with possibility of extension
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Field Office, the UN Volunteer Project Coordinator will undertake the following tasks:
1. Programme coordination
a. At field office level, lead in the development and monitoring of achievement as per the Country Programme Document (CPD), Rolling / Annual Work plan (RWP, AWP) and micro-plan.
b. Ensure effective development, implementation and coordination of integrated projects (grants and partnership) on the ground, at field office level and with Khartoum sections.
c. In collaboration with Programme specialists, analyze quarterly achievement and advise on the course of actions for further achieving targets with quality interventions and appropriate strategy
d. In collaboration with Programme, mainstream the development of quarterly work / monitoring plans and ensure KRT programmatic, logistic and financial support
e. Collect and analyze reports generated by Programme specialists and identify area for synergy among sections, partners and approached.
f. In collaboration with FOE section in Khartoum, lead in the preparedness and response to emergency and roll out the Emergency Preparedness Platform for Kordofan field office.
g. In collaboration with the national sector coordinators in Khartoum, assist state level sector coordinators to efficiently coordinate sectors plans and response.
2. Programmatic operations
a. Review the faceform request and liquidation and ensure they meet HACT requirements.
b. In collaboration with Khartoum programme and Supply section, coordinate the development and implementation of a monitoring system of supplies from the UNICEF warehouses to the end users.
c. Assist the Programme Assistants to produce weekly fund update and to timely respond to fund management requests of Khartoum.
3. Information management
a. Support the Programme and PME Specialists in drafting reports, sitreps and presentation related to progress, achievement and emergency
b. In coordination with the Communication section in Khartoum, ensure adequate exchange of information on Kordofan field office activities and human-interest stories.
4. Field office coordination
a. Assist the Chief of Field Office in all coordination, representation and advocacy duties.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- · Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- · Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- · Provide annual and end of assignment self- reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- · Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- · Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- · Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent.
Education – Additional Comments:
Master degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Demography, Statistics, Socio-economic Research, Public Administration, International Relations or a related technical field is desirable.
Required experience: 60 Months.
· 5-7 years of relevant professional work experience at the national and/or international levels in programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation or administration.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Volunteer programmes and volunteer management, Development programme/project administration.
Area of expertise details:
Development programme management
Monitoring and evaluation
Development programme/project administration.
Driving license: No
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which
you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 20 January 2021.
For Jobs From United Nations Volunteers Visit: UNV Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses