Country Logistics Coordinator – COOPI
|ROLE||Country Logistics Coordinator|
|DUTY STATION||Khartoum with visits on the field|
|DURATION||12 months (renewable)|
|REQUESTED EXPERIENCE||min. 3 years|
COOPI is looking for a Country Logistics Coordinator in Sudan
COOPI has been present in Sudan since 2004. The recent history of Sudan is marked by strong disorders and violence, expressions of a civil war that on several occasions has shaken the country since its independence. Since 2019, COOPI’s interventions focused in the Kassala region that for a long time has been the scene of armed clashes and particularly hit by periods of severe drought.
Purpose of the vacancy
The Country Logistics Coordinator:
- is responsible for the country’s logistics and security;
- ensures the coordination and management of all aspects related to the country’s logistics and particularly: purchase procedures, goods/services supply, the transport systems and the technical organization of the work of all COOPI’s field offices in the country, in accordance with what is defined by the procedures;
- is responsible for the security aspects of the mission, under the supervision and in coordination with the Head of Mission and in close collaboration with the HQ.
We encourage international staff already in the country to apply.
- He/she coordinates the country logistics function, both at Country Coordination level and at field office level;
- He/she ensures that the logistics works correctly in qualitative and quantitative terms, at all different levels and in compliance with the procedures;
- He/she ensures the correct application of the procedures – COOPI and the donors’ – related to goods and services’ purchases (including planning and necessary documents);
- He/she follows the suppliers performance in compliance with COOPI’s standards;
- He/she ensures that the selection process for goods and services and the contracts assignment (calls for tenders) occur in a transparent and coherent way.
Vehicles and machines management
- In collaboration with the supervised staff, he/she ensures the machines/vehicles’ utilization planning;
- He/she ensures that vehicles’ maintenance and repair are carried out and that all monitoring reports and regular checks are correctly performed;
- He/she ensures that, relatively to the use of vehicles and machines, the organization’s procedures and the country’s rules are followed.
Goods and stock management
- He/she ensures that all goods are included in the inventory, and controlled when entering and exiting the storage space;
- He/she ensures the stock monitoring and the use of instruments for report writing;
- He/she monitors the correct goods’ use and conservation;
- He/she ensures that the correct maintenance of the immovable goods is performed and that the country is provided with rules for correctly making use of these goods;
- He/she ensures that all logistic-related reports are produced according to what is stated by the COOPI’s procedures and the Country Regulation (vehicles and goods’ management, supplies, purchases, storage space, staff reports etc.).
- He/she coordinates, supervises and evaluates the logistical staff work;
- He/she ensures the training of the country’s logistical staff;
- He/she ensures that all the expatriate staff a register and with the due permission to work in the country.
- Upon delegation by the Head of Mission, he/she represents the organization at all logistical clusters and at security coordination meetings.
- He/she is responsible for the application, the update and the dissemination of the country security regulation at central and field level;
- He/she is responsible for conducting security and risk assessment in COOPI areas of intervention, participating to security meeting at central level;
- He/she is responsible for all goods and organization’s properties security;
- He/she cooperates and supports the Head of Mission/Area Coordinator about the expatriate and local staff security.
- A degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business, or related field;
- Minimum 3 years experience in the humanitarian field as Logistics Coordinator or in a similar position;
- Demonstrated experience in procurement, distribution, stock management, fleet management, communications and security;
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driving license.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
For Jobs From Cooperazione Internazionale Visit: COOPI Jobs
To help you improve your career, we offer you free courses offered by International Organizations and Universities on our site: English Courses