|Organization||United Nations Development Programme|
|Practice Area – Job Family||Management|
|Vacancy End Date||04/10/2021 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time Left||13d 8h 8m|
|Duty Station||Khartoum, Sudan|
|Education & Work Experience||C-HS Graduate or Equivalent – 6 year(s) experience, G-Bachelor’s Level Degree – 3 year(s) experience|
|Languages||Required: Arabic, English|
|Vacancy Type||National PSA|
|Contract Duration||One year with possibility of extension|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.Under the guidance and supervision of the Programme Analyst, the Administrative Associate provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Summary of Key functions:
- Ensures implementation of operational strategies
- Ensures efficient administrative support
- Provides support to provide finance assistance to the PBF projects
- Provides support for effective administrative and financial control in the office supporting the Senior Peace Advisor and the Programme analyst
- Ensures proper common services
- Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
2. Ensures efficient administrative support , focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide project associate support to the PBF project (S) with specific attention to Activity1 on planning and logistics.
- Planning and execution of events, meetings, and programs, including technical and logistical support to preparation of invitation letters, activities, and reading materials.
- Develop a detailed work action plan for the implementation of projects activities with special attention to activity1.
- Ensure that the inputs are relevant to the activities, and the activities are relevant to the results and ensure that value for money is observed throughout the projects implementation. This is relevant to the procurement and recruitment processes and logistical needs in accordance with Activity1.
- Preparation of POs for travel activities.
- Support to the PBF Secretariate of procurement processes including preparation of request for direct contracts, request for procurement of consultancies, request for position advertisement, contracting documents, receipt of quotations, and Preparation of POs.
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
3. Provides support to provide finance assistance to the PBF projects, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Prepare comprehensive and timely financial activity reports when needed.
- Prepare the financial payments for the consultants and follow up with finance section to produce the checks. This includes preparation of all required paperwork and follow up on creation of vendors and POs.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit
4. Provides support for effective administrative and financial control in the office supporting the Senior Peace Advisor and the Programme analyst, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Confirmation of availability of funds prior to review by supervisor; creation of vendor set-up information in Atlas;
- Maintenance of data integrity in the database, control programme; analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions when necessary.
- Coordination of common premises/services cost-recovery arrangements.
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities.
- Provision of the information for the audit.
5. Ensures proper common services focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Maintenance of common services/office space management to ensure integrated activities on common services and implementation of the UN reform.
6. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of staff on the administrative procedures.
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data and resolve operational problems
- Ability to supervise and train support staff
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of Atlas
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Required Language(s) (at working level:
Fluency (both written and spoken) in English).