Transnational Threats Consultant – CCCPA
|Post Title:||Expert on Combating Human Trafficking and Smuggling of Migrants to update the CCCPA Training Manual|
|Implementing Partner:||Cairo International Center for Conflict Resolution, Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding (CCCPA)|
|Application Deadline:||23 September 2021|
|Starting Date:||3 October 2021|
|Assignment Duration:||28 working days|
- Master’s degree in peace and security, international relations, international law, political science, migration studies or other related fields.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience developing, and preferably delivering, training materials with a focus on Africa and the Arab world, dealing with issues of transnational organized crime generally with a specific focus on smuggling of migrants and human trafficking is required for this job. Previous work experience in an international organization would be an advantage.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Solid knowledge of the interlinkages between migration, security and
- Solid knowledge of the UN and AU mixed refugees frameworks as well as their peace and security architectures;
- Knowledge of the African context;
- Excellent research, writing and analytical skills;
- Curriculum development skills;
- Familiarity with online learning experiences.
- Mastery of Arabic AND either English or French is required. A third language would be a valuable asset.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates for this consultancy will include a substantive and skills-based assessment, which will be followed by a short interview with CCCPA management.
Prevent, mitigate, and resolve violent conflicts through facilitating and supporting efforts of dialogue, negotiation, mediation, and national reconciliation. The Center works on building capacities and improving community-level resilience to peace and security challenges.
Founded in 1994 by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and re-charted in June 2017 by a Prime Ministerial Decree, the Cairo International Center for Conflict Resolution, Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding, is an Egyptian public agency specialized in training, capacity building and research in the fields of peace and security in Africa and the Middle East. It is the successor of the Cairo Regional Center for Conflict Resolution and Peacekeeping in Africa (CCCPA).
CCCPA is an African Union Center of Excellence, and the only civilian training center on issues of peace and security in the Arab world.
Through its research and convening activities, it has established itself as a leading voice from the Global South on a wide range of topics, including conflict prevention and resolution, peacekeeping and peacebuilding.
Address: 1 Omar Makram Ln, Qasr Ad Dobarah, Qasr El Nil, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
What is the difference between peacekeeping and peacebuilding?
Peacekeeping is situated before peace enforcement and before the sanctions regime as seen in chapter VII of the UN Charter. Peacebuilding is more than a process that has a broad post-conflict agenda and more than an instrumentalist method to secure peace.