Senior Data Management Assistant – UNHCR
|Organization||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees|
|Job Title||Senior Data Management Assistant|
|Family Location Type||Non-Family|
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Duties and Qualifications
Senior Data Management Assistant
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The position is normally supervised by a more senior staff member who provides the Senior Data Management Assistant with regular guidance and support. Subject to the nature of the task/assignment, s/he will work independently on routine tasks, while will follow instructions of the supervisor for more complex issues. The position has no supervisory role.
Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are not frequent. In the Field locations, under supervision of the manager, the incumbent may play a liaison role with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Enter data mainly related to asylum seekers, refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR into the computer database.
– Prepare reports and project documents by providing information, preparing tables and drafting routine correspondence and reports.
– Assist in compilation of data and interpreting the statistics for various reports.
– Assist in the development of forms for data collection and analysis, if requested.
– Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information and translate routine documents and correspondence as and when required.
– May be required to collect GIS data, update maps and undertake field trips to project sites.
– Decide on the data recorded in database.
– Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents and escalate issues to the supervisor if incident cannot be resolved within the scope of responsibility.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
G5- 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Electronic Data Processing Information Technology
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- IT-Computer Literacy
- DM-Data Management
- DM-Data collection methodologies
- DM-Database Management
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.