Early Childhood Education (ECE) – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Khartoum (SDN)|
|Language Skills||English, Arabic|
|Start Date||01 May 2021|
|Duration||12 months with possibility of extension|
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Education Specialist, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the Education Section in planning, advocacy, coordination, programme management and monitoring of pre-primary education and early learning.
- Support the field offices in implementation, monitoring and documentation of the ‘Learning for Life’ programme in East Darfur and North Darfur.
- Update a situation analysis of early childhood education (ECE) through a desk review and analysis of available data on ECE, early stimulation and early learning in Sudan.
- Compile ECE implementation examples in Sudan as case studies and map out gaps and opportunities in this sub-sector in relation to early childhood development (ECD).
- Support the ECE subsector working group activities.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
Master degree in Education, Early Childhood Development, Social Sciences.
Required experience: 36 Months.
Experience in ECE curriculum development and teaching will be an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Early childhood, compulsory and higher education, Education policy and planning, curriculum development and teacher training.
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of
your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly,
select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage
and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 15 April 2021