Associate Planning and M&E Officer – UNV
|Organization||United Nations Volunteers|
|Duty Station||Khartoum (SDN)|
|Language Skills||English, Arabic|
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the supervision of Coordinator, Health Systems Development Unit and as part of a team the youth volunteer will support Directorate General of Planning in Federal Ministry of Health to perform the following assignments:
- · Support developing, reviewing and finalizing the health sector strategic and annual work plan and updating it according to the change of the situation as appropriate.
- · Assist in reviewing/updating the monitoring framework matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
- · Support in development of a general framework for the plan’s monitoring and evaluation, for example mid-term review, impact assessment, and final evaluation, and develop a project performance monitoring plan with relevant data collection systems.
- · Assist in collecting, compiling, and analyzing the performance related data and generate periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, and annual) and any other report needed.
- · Support preparing feedback reports to the implementing directorates, states, partners and other sectors on the overall plan’s progress status.
- · Assist in reviewing the quality of data in the annual methods of collecting it, and the degree of providing virtuous basic statistics for impact assessment,
- · Support development of baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- · Support conduction of regular supportive supervisory visits to the sub-national levels to monitor the annual plan’s implementation,
- · Support coordination with different health partners, donor and other sectors to ensure alignment of the plans and ensure implementation.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- · Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- · Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- · Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- · Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- · Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- · Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Education – Additional Comments:
Bachelor’s degree in medicine, public health, social sciences or any other relevant fields Specialized certification in planning and M&E is an asset.
Required experience: 24 Months
Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in health planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Monitoring and evaluation, General human medicine (with clinical experience), Public health.
Area of expertise details:
- · Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- · Technical Skills: MS Office (MS Word, Excel & Power Point).
- · Desirable: Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with fast learning ability. Effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner. Ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines. Familiarity with UNDP business process is regarded as an asset.
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Sudan and legal residents in Sudan with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 11-04-2021.